Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
start with a little hello to everyone. I recently put in a rail pressure gauge and was supprised to see that my rail pressure was considerably low. at around 70 mph or so no mods on, my rail pressure is only around 10k or so. i can have it wot and only get like 15 to 16k. If i turn on the edge to lvl 5 and floor it it will increase to around 18k to 20k and then all the sudden spike into the upper 20s and the check engine light comes. the codes say to high a voltage on fuel sensor. i believe it should be around the 15 to 16 range just cruzing at 70 or so if im correct. i got another set of nozzles here to see if these are leaking, just havent had time time to install yet. kinda wanted to see what some other folks thought. thanks aaron

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Hmm...that does seem kinda odd. I know the 04.5+ have more pressure but I normally see 18k or so cruising at 70 and at wot see around 22-23k...maybe you need to set it up from the DIY CP3?? I dunno

·
WYOMING CHAPTER VP
1,450 Posts
yea i see the numbers rufus sees....check your relief valve you might have popped it...pull the banjo bolt out see if theres fuel in there if so its bad...dry it out with banjo bolt out turn truck on see if fuel is leaking in

·
Registered
680 Posts
what are you using for rail pressure sensor? Quadzilla I presume? You are throwing codes at relatively low pressure

If your rail pressure relief valve is not leaking, my guess is 100 hp sticks are maxing your CP3.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wheres the relief valve at?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Next to where the fuel line feeds the CP3. Looking from the top, to the right. Next little fitting.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next to where the fuel line feeds the CP3. Looking from the top, to the right. Next little fitting.
say thats the problem, is it an easy fix or am i looking at other thing also? im hoping to get to it soon, i havent been able to do anything. busted up my ankle riding dirtbikes. sucks.:CRY::CRY:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Fisrt off, IIRC 03-04 have less pressure than 04.5-07 stock.
Not sure what program you are using. I have 4.4 and I will only see about 12k at 70 mph. If you are using 4.11 you might see even less.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
what are you using for rail pressure sensor? Quadzilla I presume? You are throwing codes at relatively low pressure

If your rail pressure relief valve is not leaking, my guess is 100 hp sticks are maxing your CP3.
Agreed, your CP3 has got to be having a hard time keeping up with those injectors. I see you have done the DIY mod but you still might need more. But that still doesnt explain why you dont have much pressure at cruising speeds. I had trouble with my quadzilla rail pressure gauge throwing codes in regards to voltage with the rail pressure sensor. It would only happen intermittently so needless to say I havent used it in quite awhile. Try disconnecting your gauge and see if that makes a difference, might also check your rail pressure sensor. Good luck....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rite on guys. thanks. I think ill check the relief valve and go from there. Thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts