Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Rail pressure

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Doubletap 
#1 ·
Ok I've been wondering here lately where should my rail pressure be at idling it goes 4.2 then jumps to say 4.7 is this a safe operating range

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

#4 ·
Mine at idle is about 6 to 6.5

#5 ·
I still have pump on the fuel canister. The reason I was asking is trucks been acting funky got on the interstate and wot felt nothing spitting and sputtering and rail dropped to 1.5 and 1.8. Brought it back home or more like limped it home and next morning it was fine

#6 ·
I also did a 350 mile round trip and came home and was leaving again on interstae

#7 ·
sounds like lift pump time...do u have a low fuel pressure gauge? maybe u should jump on the raptor 150 thats for sale here

#8 ·
I'm wanting a 150 but isn't there two different styles frame mounted and in tank right which is better and what all needs to be done

#11 ·
only diff would be a draw straw. since your stock lift pump is canister mounted like mine was its a simple plug n play...well sorta, removing the factory quick connect at the tank was a biatch.

#9 ·
Good idea to check the PRV as well. A rail cap on temporarily is a quick and easy way to find out.

#12 ·
Ok so which is better in tank or frame mounted

#13 ·
any aftermarket perf pump will be frame mounted. the in tank came in like 05 to fix a weak canister mounted pump like ours. if u had a prob within warranty the dealer retro fitted an in tank. be thankful u dont have an in tank cause adding a airdog or fass would be more difficult.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.