Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a few questions, i was having some smoke in the mornings so i figures i had a leaking injector, nothing major but just a little smoke for 10 to 15 seconds, anyway i was going to order a set of DDP 90's and go ahead and fix the problem, my buddy said i would probably have a rail pressure issue with stock CP3? My question is, i don't have a fuel system yet so i was going to order one next week and also go ahead and get either the Arson Kit or II bag of parts (the same thing!) will those 2 things help with the injectors? If not what will i have to do to run those sticks? Right now all i have is the Smarty 4.11 wild tq stock injectors aftermarket turbo for boost fooling an intake and straight pipe! Please let me know any and all suggestions as i want to dyno my truck in a few months and want to get my truck together in time:$:

Thanks guys

Chad:thumbsup

·
Banned
516 Posts
i believe it can handle 90 horse sticks without doing anything. but im not 100% sure!

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Get a good lift pump to feed the stock CP3 and you should be ok. The arson kit/II bag of parts will help the cause even more. Sounds like you are on the right track!:thumbsup

·
Never Enough TQ
864 Posts
Sniper, sounds like u got the right idea forsure.. I think any cp3 mod, small or big, will help you out in any way.. it really depends on what you think your future plans will be! Might as well do things right the first time... always cheaper to do it once! lol
I went with the II 85's for sticks and the fass 150 to help out with fuel supply, but it def. isnt enough for my rig. Im gettin hazing and high egts (1600+ @WOT for a few seconds) and i think its due to lack of rail pressure (no atomization). Maybe my stocker cp3 was just a POS right from factory or im just askin to much from it but now its throwin all sorts of codes and crap. I went ahead and got the II stage 3 cp3 and its sittin at the shop as well as a duel feed kit. Im goin to throw it in next weekend. Ill let ya guys know the outcome, if the stock cp3 was even my problem..
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Sniper, sounds like u got the right idea forsure.. I think any cp3 mod, small or big, will help you out in any way.. it really depends on what you think your future plans will be! Might as well do things right the first time... always cheaper to do it once! lol
I went with the II 85's for sticks and the fass 150 to help out with fuel supply, but it def. isnt enough for my rig. Im gettin hazing and high egts (1600+ @WOT for a few seconds) and i think its due to lack of rail pressure (no atomization). Maybe my stocker cp3 was just a POS right from factory or im just askin to much from it but now its throwin all sorts of codes and crap. I went ahead and got the II stage 3 cp3 and its sittin at the shop as well as a duel feed kit. Im goin to throw it in next weekend. Ill let ya guys know the outcome, if the stock cp3 was even my problem..
Good luck!
Interesting....I know Brian(BBRam) ran DPP 90hp stix on a stock cp3 with a dual feed line and I never heard him complain about low rail pressure but each truck is different.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Oh one more thing...if you are still running your stock clutch...it is not going to be a big fan of you! Just a a heads up.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeup, stock clutch! I know i know, but i really don't beat it and its doing good!:woot:I know i need a clutch but for now i am going to get these few things and when i get a clutch(next couple of months) it will be that much better!:peelout

Thanks guys

Chad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts