Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Rail Pressure Guage; How Important?

808 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  ruidosododge
How important is it to run a rail pressure guage?....compared to running just a fuel pressure guage

Are the the rail pressure guage really needed?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
a rail pressure gauge is handy when tuning and trying to ensure you have enough rail. when your rail starts to dip low, your EGT's start to skyrocket. the fuel isnt atomizing properly at the lower rail pressures, and temps start climbing. is a gauge necessary?
no, but its nice.

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Not if you're not adding pressure, if you add an MP8 or something then ya need one for sure.

· Premium Member
19,670 Posts
On a modded truck, fuel pressure is only part of the story. IMO, again on a modded truck, if you want to get everything out of the truck (performance) a rail pressure gauge is needed.

· Registered
5,872 Posts
I'm doing alright. As you can see I'm driving a different truck. I still have my cheesy imitation train horns though. I took them off the 08 before I sold it. This truck will stay only slightly modded believe it or not. I know! I know! Nobody believes me when I say that.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.