Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my rail pressure was at 5k at an idle and 10k at 70 with 11psi, is this about right? I am using the quad rail fuel gauge which has had issues in the past and I had to have it replaced. Any way to recalibrate the gauge? What do you think about my pressures and boost at 70
:peelout

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
5K is right on the money at idle!

The 10k seems good at 70 but is going to vary depending on your foot at the time. If your lift pump is at 11PSI you are okay there too. I believe you can calibrate it but by the sounds if it, it is good right where it is.

:thumbsup

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave, can you tell me if the BD twins work better straight pipped or with a muffler.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
The twin kit will not be effected by a muffler, as long as it is a non restrictive muffler you will be fine. The stupid socks that guys put over the intake is a problem on the twins though. Not bad for off road but take them off before you drive it home.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really the socks, glad to hear that I have one from Amsoil and looks like I will be removing is ASAP. It must restrict it too much huh? Better with or with out muffler:peelout:popcorn:. By the way just installed the BD Valve Body and loving it:beer

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
I've now had both the Quad RP and DiPricol and have never seen 5k at idle...always 6-6.5k..

"Crusing" is hard to define but IIRC mines generally higher than 10k...

Really the socks, glad to hear that I have one from Amsoil and looks like I will be removing is ASAP.
If you're referring to the "outerwear"...i HIGHLY doubt it is restricting anything, unless dirty.

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
Your RP #'s are dead on if your not running a pressure box. :thumbsup

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
I've now had both the Quad RP and DiPricol and have never seen 5k at idle...always 6-6.5k..

"Crusing" is hard to define but IIRC mines generally higher than 10k...

If you're referring to the "outerwear"...i HIGHLY doubt it is restricting anything, unless dirty.

Bud you have an 06 he has an 03. 03s run less pressure than the new trucks. So he sounds good at 5K, and you sound fine between 6-6.5K. With my dual pumps and stock programs I see 7-8K idle.
And believe it or not with twins the smallest amount of restriction on the air intake can cause blow by between the turbos. Not really what you want, so if BD says dont run a pre filter with their twins I wouldnt.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just put on the quadzilla RP gauge today. I am showing 3470 to 3550 all the time no matter what. Is something worng or do I just need to check the harnesses?

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
I just put on the quadzilla RP gauge today. I am showing 3470 to 3550 all the time no matter what. Is something worng or do I just need to check the harnesses?
Something isn't right, those #'s aren't right.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I had problems with my quad RP gauge, I don't run it anymore. :w:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I got the outlook monitor and mine hovers around 6.5-7 at idle. Figured that's good enough.

·
Registered
485 Posts
10 seems low mine runs around 19 with the cruise on at 65mph.

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
i also have the quad RP gauge. mine idles right around 7600-8000 psi. cruising at 70 im between 19,000-21,000. ive been thinking about lowering it for daily driving but its so fun!:peelout

1 - 16 of 16 Posts