Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got an 11 laramie with the stock dual din Touchscreen radio and it sucks. Well for todays tech it sucks, I’m sure in its glory it was the shiz. But my issues I’m having are it having a 2 second delay on pausing, playing, and skipping songs when connected to my iphones blue tooth. Also when receiving phone calls I have to wait for about 10 seconds until I actually am able to pick up the call while it’s blaring out “incoming call from xxx press u-connect phone button to answer” id like to be able to pick up my phone calls without them being seconds away from going to voicemail and without it alerting me that I have clearly ended my phone call by saying “phone call completed” then taking another 5 seconds to return to music. Also has low quality pictures rendered from what I’ve uploaded and not much versatility as far as customization of the unconnect. BUT my question isn’t has anyone gone to an aftermarket such as a Kenwood 7” screen or a pioneer 7” screen. My main question is how would I still be able to use my factory steering wheel controls? Would I be able to use my XM radio antenna? Would my backup camera in the tailgate work? Would my factory microphone plug in? Lots of questions about sacrifices I’m willing to make to have a more realistic radio upgrade.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
As long as the radio you choose is compatible with the idatalink maestro, you won’t sacrifice anything. Most head units are capable of Sirius xm, but you need to buy the tuner separately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts