Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im diagnosing an "overheating while towing" prollem in my 96 ext cab dually.

ive allready replaced the belt and clutch fan,and removed/cleaned the radiator. the radiator is in fair condition,but has a couple spots where the fins are goofed up. also thinking it may be funked up inside,but its marginal condition makes me not want to bother taking it somewhere to get it flushed.

gonna change the thermostat and waterpump first,but if it comes to changing the radiator,i was wonderin if there is something better that a stock replacement?

what have ya used and where did ya get it? :)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
when I did my conversion I bought a radiator off an 03 and am using with a 95 motor and it works great. I also put dual electric fans

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have never seen a better radiator for the CTD/Dodge. It is generally seen as the point that limits how much power you can tow with in a 12v.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Check that thermostat first. They rarely go bad closed, but they can every now and then. Unless you have a lot of fins messed up or really clogged tubes, I find it hard to believe the radiator is the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts