Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I got a 2018 dodge 2500 6.7, I’m still learning about diesel trucks and some mods.

I just added a 5in exhaust on it with the raceme ultra tuner and out the settings at default settings. Does the 120hp effect the towing when it is needed or should I go lower on the HP? I know you don’t want to gun it a lot because it can do damage to the turbo and mess up the transmission after awhile. Not trying to do a lot of stuff to it. Just want it working for a daily driver truck.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
When I tow I always run the stock tune. Its more than enough power for anything under gross combined and won't tear up our driveline. Around town unloaded I would stuck to something in the 40-90hp range myself if the rest of the truck is stock. A little more 'pep" and a tiny bit better MPG, but even that can cause damage if you don't drive it right.

We don't talk about deletes here, fyi.

·
SuperModerator
10,412 Posts

Read what has been posted already.

Reading the Sticky Discussions that say "READ Before Posting" also helps.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Opps.
And, Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I tow my 8000# travel trailer on the 120hp tune. I don't lay into super hard up the hills, and like to keep my boost around 20psi. I tried the lower HP tunes and found my fuel mileage was poor

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts