Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be a interesting thread to list what you have raced and if you won or lost??

06 Cummins 2wd 2500 quadcab, 6spd, crazy larry, st8 pipe, K&N, valair ceramic single------would win from a 6th gear roll on(i blame turbo lag) by 3 lengths at 120mph...I have won when we raced from 2nd gear roll by 2 lengths, he says he missed 3rd gear, but neither pulled throughout the race..

06 Cummins 2wd 2500 Quadcab 6spd with edge juice---won pretty bad-2 lengths at 50

3 Different 6.0 Powerstrokes

06 F250 Crew Cab 4wd(40k miles-pretty much brand new)-str8 pipe-cai-bully dog triple dog

I won but it was close(from a stop), when he would do a boosted 4wd launch he would pull but i would gain it all back and it would be VERY close at 100mph...I would easily win from a 60 punch

Everything else has been on the hwy(from 60 or 70)

2-06 F350 crewcab 2wd-One had bully dog triple dog- one had Edge Juice with attitude-edge juice was slow-bully dog was same speed as the f250 4wd(i was faster but it wasnt slow)

08 6.4l f250 4wd-bully dog triple dog-would win to 110(by maybe a length) but he would pull after that

01 7.3l f250 regcab 2wd-Chip-CAI-st8 pipe- and a bunch of little free mods-it was the same speed as 6.0l with edge juice

00F250 7.3l 4wd crew cab edge juice-stacks-cai-lifted 6in-not fast-slowest diesel ive raced...

05??RX8 chip and intake---and a HUGE spoiler(must add 100hp??)--slowly pull all the way to 100-won by 3 lengths..

Some really loud Volkswagon STI????lowered-neons-guages in car-looked fast---smoked him

Honda s2000-same speed as rx8

Honda civic-loud, looked good, he jumped but was faster, sounded like he had a turbo, beat me by 5 lengths at 110 and still pulling...

98? Mustang GT auto- pulled by a few lengths at 100 but looked like he was starting to catch me...

And i hate to say it, but I got SMOKED by a lifted Duramax 2500 he won so bad i just stopped...

·
Registered
184 Posts
The only thing I've raced was a fox body 5.0. It was a stick, and definately had some sort of exhaust. We ran from a 40 roll. I pulled him all the way into 5th gear, then I just let off. Got pulled over right after that. The cop gave me a ticket for excessive black smoke from the exhaust. It's a good thing for my smoke. Or I would of got a nice speed contest ticket:doh:. Already had one when I was 17. Don't need another one. EVER. That's why I've only ran one thing in my truck.
Tommy

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
i ran a 02 powerstroke and the guy said he would be 5.0 mustangs and camaros all day. i ran him and didnt even boost launch. i smoked him so bad i just kept playin with the throttle to smoke him out. oh yeah this was before the injectors. and i met this guy that said that his 01 stroker is the fastest truck in farmington and that he would eat me alive. still till this day he wont race me. i think he has a piece and more importantly i think he is full of s**t.

·
Got P7100?
6,673 Posts
Raced a 5.0 mid 90s mustang from a 5 mph roll, he couldnt pass me, but i couldnt pull on him either. That was with the truck that is SOLD in my sig, plus i had 150hp inj. in it at the time. He had some work done to the mustang too.

My buddy toyed with a gt mustang the other day with the truck i currently have, it wouldnt even of been a race:lol4::hehe:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Held a 02ish Mustang GT from a rolling start in 3rd up to 5th, then 6th just slipped(DD is in the mail) and then he pulled away easily. Edge was on 1x1 to keep 4th and 5th from slipping. On 5x5 it will be a different race next time.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Took a 99 auto stroker with a juice from a dead stop by a few lengths. Got smoked by a 07 harley davidson ed. 6.0 with a SCT on a roll, i only had a edge comp, smarty stock turbo and 125hp jammers but he walked me easy. Walked a Couple 6.0s with bully dogs, and walked by a 06 4door LB 4x4 6spd dodge with a crazy larry stacked with an edge ez. That was before the twins though.

·
Registered
444 Posts
i have only raced 1 vehicle thay i would actually call a race, all the others i pulled so hard it was like some of them wernt even trying so i wont count em.

the car i raced was my buddies CRX HF with a JDM B20B engine swap that easily pulls on my other buddies 06 RSX type S with a 6 speed intake header and exhaust. I raced my buddies CRX in my 95 trans am that was pretty fast and barley pulled on him both from a dig and from a roll on the freeway.
when i raced him in my truck we went from a roll and he pulled for a second then we stayed dead even then at the very end i began to very very very slowly pull on him. Had we raced from a dig i know i woulda got him but on that 1 race we did have he had me by his front bumper, and we didnt race quarter a quarter mile...
we are gonna race again here pretty soon
then im racing my other buddies 95 5.0 mustang GT with som head work and other crap down at the local 1/8th mile track, he will be on slicks and a 5 speed i will be in 4x4. should be a good race. i think on that one it will really come down to who gets off the line the best.

·
Registered
313 Posts
You guys race in 4wd to keep traction, or 2wd to save on power (not that a whole lot is saved anyways since the shafts still turn)? Just wondering, I've never been able to decide which way to run

·
Registered
444 Posts
You guys race in 4wd to keep traction, or 2wd to save on power (not that a whole lot is saved anyways since the shafts still turn)? Just wondering, I've never been able to decide which way to run
i dont have traction till 4th, if i floor it im sideways so i use 4wd, tho 2wd is fun too when you go past them sideways and tires smokin:headbang:

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have 4 BFG 33" MT's on the back, so generally I'm not losing traction in 2wd unless its damp, or slightly uphill it will cut them lose in 3rd and 4th in straight line accelerating. On flat ground they havn't cut lose yet.........See what happens after the valair DD:headbang:

·
Registered
271 Posts
There are a few new gen mustang gt's with some exhaust work around here that I have played around with. Most of these are from a stop at a light, and I've done 2 boosted 4wd launches (it was wet out) and was gone before they caught traction. One beat me from the start (slightly boosted 2wdlaunch) and the other I beat from a 40mph roll.

I have a guy in a nice gmc 1500 gasser that I've played around with a few times, so far he's up 4-3.
One of my fraternity brothers has a 02 v6 firebirdwith an exhaust that he thinks is the stuff. I beat him in my 12v twice (2-0) and so for I'm up to 4 wins over him now in my 24v.

I did get my tail handed to me by a chipped up f250 with a 5in exhaust. Kinda embarassed but my truck is a stocker, so I didnt feel too bad.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
you beat all those guys with a stock truck??
I think theres something wrong with my truck...it's so damn slow!!
I can't even beat and old beat down 89 camry..:banghead:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
with the truck in my sig:

2001 stroke, lifted, 35's triple dog, CAI, superchip stacked?? so he said, boosted 4x4 launch i killed him

2003 duramax, CCSB, efi live with edge attitude stack, boosted 4x4 launch it was close, but i still ate his lunch

05 duramax RCSB, twins, efi live, edge attitude water/meth, needless to say, i lost, bad

08 power stroke, stock. do i need to explain?

same truck with and edge, deletes, and water/meth, it wasn't even givin the 12'er a workout

08 6.7 mega, edge attitude w/hot unlock, extreme puck, water/meth, it was close, but i pulled on him

06 5.9 mega he "had money in it" it was slow as sh*t and beat like a red headed stepchild, the truck ran horrible, so horrible he drove away after i blew his doors off:hehe:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Never had any good races but my dad's duramax. Bully Dog with crazy larry, intake, exhaust. He had it on extreme and to the floor, and I turned out right after him and had him caught within 60 yards, in 4th gear then had to hit my brakes to keep from rear ending him.

·
Registered
271 Posts
you beat all those guys with a stock truck??
I think theres something wrong with my truck...it's so damn slow!!
I can't even beat and old beat down 89 camry..:banghead:
yup, but you have to take into account that alot of the people driving mustangs around here put a set of pipes on them and think they can beat a ferrari...when the only thing they know how to do is hit the go pedal.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
my buddy's 04 hemi, he's done all kind of stuff 2 and thought it was super fast, said no diesel was gonna out run him for sure no a a flat bed, from 40 mph i waked all over it,LOL his jaw justdropped.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts