Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy had me find him a TS 6 pos chip for his 7.3 ford. Got it in today and went for a drive. It really woke that slow a** truck up. Any how, we had to go get some field tile and got back and said I wanted to run them. Had the smarty on 70 so I figured no problem. We lined up and took off, he had me from the start till 55 mph since he had the auto trans and then I caught him and pulled away. At 80 I had about a truck length on him and we both let up. I was like holy s#&@ when he smoked me from the start. Its pretty quick on the 140 HP setting. But the old mighty Cummins prevailed, even ramming through the gears. He says he will get me someday. I say Good Luck!!!!:thumbsup

·
Registered
647 Posts
Ya rowing through the gears didnt help with the launch...if you had an auto he would have been looking at your tailgate the whole way

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree. Auto would be nice but I love to bang the gears. Plus I love towing with a manual.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I hear ya...there are times that I want a manual but then sometimes the auto is nice....too many decisions

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
My buddy with a 95 7.3 has that same chip and with my comp on EZ mode, i still beat him by around a truck...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts