Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a black 4x4 (looked really nice and well optioned) crew cab with paper plates.

We went from a 50mph roll (I let him have the jump) and I got him by a couple of truck lengths. He kept up ok for a stock truck.
We did it again from about 45mph (I took the jump this time) and it was not pretty. He tried for about 3 seconds and I was pulling pretty hard, so he let out of it.

It was a nice looking truck and was pretty quick for being bone stock.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I test drove one with my dad the other day (he is die hard ford guy cant change him LOL) anyway that truck was quick for being bone stock especially off the line from a dead stop. The new 6 speed tranny shifts fast and smooth and the power seems constant throughout the entire rpm range. I have a feeling that these things are going to be wicked when they have a tuner on them.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Good for Ford! I don't know why, but I always root for the underdog. I've got my fingers crossed. If anyone's had a long run of bad engines, it's been them.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
The interesting part will be the transmission - and if the 6R110 can hold massive tunes like the 5R110 did. Plus, like all new trucks, we'll have to see how easy/hard they are to upgrade past the tuner stage.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
those truck are putting down 310 hp stock...damn good. what will happen when a spartan tune comes out?
Actually the new 6.7 powerstroke is putting down 390HP and 735 ft-lb stock. When they release a spartan tune for them I have a feeling the 6.7 is going to be NASTY!!!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I believe he was talking about rear wheel horsepower, not the flywheel ratings.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I believe he was talking about rear wheel horsepower, not the flywheel ratings.
What he said. Fly wheel numbers dont matter much to most of us. Did I overhear somewhere they are going to aluminum block?

·
Registered
862 Posts
still like the 6.4s what good is that badass tuner going to do you if the engine eats itself after a few runs or a few thousand miles? :banghead: not trying to rag on ford but they have had 4 engines in 10 years and this is the first time they've tried to design their diesel themselves. it'll b interesting sure enough.

·
Banned
142 Posts
i hear of many 6.4l having issues. in know a suncoast converter for those trucks is over $3k :shock: , still badass but i will take a cummins with 600hp and go 400k miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts