Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to get this fixed today so I don’t have to wait for Monday to contact Raceme.

Bought this secondhand and went through the process of making sure it’s up to date and it is version RAME011A which appears to be newer than any on the website. I get the errors below as I initially powered it on, but think it’s due to not having an open vin license. Anyways I go through and request a vin license and get it, shows up on the raceme monitor but when I press ECM programming it gives an error 12432 or “previous ecm programming was unsuccessful, we will recover the ecm with stock calibration. Gives the key on, key off loop and ends with an error of VIN locked.

I have a battery charger hooked up, checked the forums for answers but haven’t found a thread where the solution was actually posted. I’ll call raceme Monday if I can’t get it solved, but I have time today for the rest of the puzzle…

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 ram 2500 tradesman 4x4 g56 ext cab
26 Posts
Raceme also has a live chat right on their website. Why not give it a shot

did you try and update the tuner software with the key on? Apparently that’s a no no

try simple things like unplug and re plug in all wires and remove and clean SD card…

you should monitor the voltage even with the charger hooked up

worst thing you can do is keep randomly trying to flash it. Might as well try and get a hold of race me

·
Registered
809 Posts
I could be wrong but I believe it may be VIN Locked to the persons truck you purchased from. I know Smarty Touch units only have one vin license so even if you return the unit to stock it is still locked to that truck so it seems like that is the case here but again I could be wrong I'm not too familiar with the RaceMe units.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Small update, didn’t make much headway over the weekend. Been going back and forth with tech support and it sounds like when the tuner was doing an ecm update on the previous truck that it was interrupted and now the controller is stuck in a key on key off loop. So, I just sent the controller back to get a new one…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts