Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase a race me ultra. But before I pull the trigger if anyone can chime in with some info on it.
will the throttle be more responsive and less laggy? Especially when trying to rev match to downshift
Hows the performance on the 200hp tune?
I see you can change torque settings but on the install page it says 13+ not supported not sure if that’s updated or not.

2013 ram 2500 Laramie G56 w/dual disc

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I'm in the process of making a decision myself. If you don't mind..... Why did you decide on RaceMe? I understand they're good but what stood out to you?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welp, I suspect we're all in the same bucket, but perhaps for different reasons. I placed my order over the weekend.

I plan on running as close to stock power levels and not messing with the transmission, as much as possible. I ordered because of some expensive repairs looming for parts near my driveshaft....

Prior to that error code that forced my hand, I had been looking at intact tunes and "other" tunes. I've looked at CTT, Anarchy, Optimal Welding, etc. Seems that one person would say that their truck drove great and that the next would come complaining about either how the engine performed or how the transmission shifted. Didn't matter what forum or facebook group I read. Every single group complained about a tune that others loved.

While, I'm not a huge fan of the flare when shifting, really, all I care about is longevity on my setup. If I can install a very mild tune, get what I want (no more CELs for stupid stuff), and my transmission survives; I'll be a happy customer.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I would still install the trans tune with the raceme. There is shift flare but its isnt super noticeable unless you have straight pipe exhaust. It does make the truck fun to drive however I have never towed with there tunes and seen how the trans behaves. With my ctt tunes I have a 2nd gear convertor lock up and that saves wear on the convertor and builds less heat. Just make sure you batteries are good and charged and if possible go for a 30 min drive before hand and them flash the tune, unplug all connectors from the exhaust and egr crap and start it and make sure there is no lights or messages. Then let it cool and swap the exhaust out. Drive it easy for 100 miles then enjoy. Tune 1 when towing and tune 4 for everyday and mileage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@RammerJam comes with a monitor and seems like it has good box tuning and there adjustments you can make with the vgt and timing and stuff. I currently have optimal welding tunes and the throttle response it horrible. Tried to contact them about maybe an update on the tunes or if he tunes them like that but never really getting a solid answer or reply so I don’t trust it on my truck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I’ve been running the raceme box tunes for 3.5 years, no major issues. The big plus for me was buying 1 tuner and being done with it. A good number of other tuners you need one to unlock your ecm and then you install their tunes.

As for throttle response, there is an adjustment in the settings.. but it’s still an electronic throttle. I have the 68 so it’s not a big deal to me, a friend with the g56 runs the exact tune I do.. he uses the bed booster, and was far more happy with the results then the tune alone.. I’ve driven his g56 stock, raceme, and with the bd installed. Stock had a bad delay, I couldn’t notice much if any difference between the raceme and bd.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm in the process of making a decision myself. If you don't mind..... Why did you decide on RaceMe? I understand they're good but what stood out to you?
Also they are located outside the US, which makes them out of reach for a certain alphabet agency... since the majority of their competition in that “industry” has recently been eliminated, I doubt raceme is going anywhere. Their support will be around in the future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve been running the raceme box tunes for 3.5 years, no major issues. The big plus for me was buying 1 tuner and being done with it. A good number of other tuners you need one to unlock your ecm and then you install their tunes.

As for throttle response, there is an adjustment in the settings.. but it’s still an electronic throttle. I have the 68 so it’s not a big deal to me, a friend with the g56 runs the exact tune I do.. he uses the bed booster, and was far more happy with the results then the tune alone.. I’ve driven his g56 stock, raceme, and with the bd installed. Stock had a bad delay, I couldn’t notice much if any difference between the raceme and bd.

How’s the smoke on the high tune? It was nice to be able to control it with my old 12v and have the power and throttle response but when I want to play at my property I have that option.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are you happy with the monitor that come with the raceme as far as gauges? Does it increase line pressure in the transmission? I’ve emailed them and only get generic responses.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes it does boost line pressure, shifts are unlocked. Their tunes clean up the 68 substantially.

All of their tunes are very clean, virtually smoke free, even under heavy load. If your goal is to “roll coal” these tunes probably aren’t what your after.

As with any tune out there, cranking it to a hot setting without supporting engine work will be short lived. I work my truck, and was after reliability so I stay close to stock.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What are you running for transmission up grades with the raceme? I plan on doing the BD valve body plate. Any experience with the two?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts