Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '91 3500 dually, cummins. The cab noise is a too loud. I know that it needs door seals but is there anything else I can do to get it as quiet as a cadillac? Thx

·
Registered
46 Posts
Im sorry man, but you have a 91 3500 w/ a cummins. I highly doubt you will be able to get it as quiet as a cadillac..

Maybe dynomatting the cab, though..

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I have a '91 3500 dually, cummins. The cab noise is a too loud. I know that it needs door seals but is there anything else I can do to get it as quiet as a cadillac? Thx
Yes there is but you'll have to strip the interior out to install the sound-deadening mats. I've forgotten the name of the company but the diesel mags run their ads pretty much every month. It won't be cheap though I'll tell you that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
DYNAMAT. It ain`t cheap either .....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just did the whole cab interior of a 61 Ford that I`m building. I used something that I bought at Lowes in the roofing section. I forget what the trade name is but it comes in a 25' X 6" roll. It is like real thin aluminum on the top side. It has a thin foam back that is self-adhesive. It costs $17 per roll and I did the whole interior of bare cab with 2 rolls and had some left over. It should quiet it down pretty good.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Dynamat would be the stuff.

Good news is that it isn't too hard to strip out the interior on a first gen. i.e. There isn't much interior on a first gen.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Im sorry man, but you have a 91 3500 w/ a cummins. I highly doubt you will be able to get it as quiet as a cadillac..

Maybe dynomatting the cab, though..
I second that... Dynomatting may be your only option.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I suggest turning up the radio.....

Dynomatting works good, I have used it on a Massey Ferguson tractor cab and it quieted it down a good bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts