Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Quiet Interiors????

1343 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  bigblue24v
Looking into doing some interior work soon. I don't want all the in cab noise from stacks, so Iwas looking into dynamat to quiet it down inside the cab so you could carry on conversations. Anyone know of any other materials or companys that can help in getting a quiet interior.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
curved stack right above the roof will kill most of it. id use dynamat or whatever any car audio store recomends. and if ur exhaust is too loud your stereo isnt loud enough!
:lol3::peelout

· Registered
1,014 Posts
Check out summit racing, they sell this stuff called LizardSkin. Ive never used it myself but it is supposed to cut noise and heat like dynamat but it can be sprayed or brushed on. Also the stuff that OSH sells that looks preatty much like bubble wrap covered in aluminum foil works preaty good and is fairly cheap.

· Vendor
13,011 Posts
there is better stuff than butyl asphault to use.
sound can get blocked by 3 ways:
1)Adding mass to change resonance--- buytl asphault like dynomat etc
2)Blocking sound -- Lead & Mass loaded Vinyl
3)Absorbing sound-- Foams/ neoprene etc

I am working on putting together kits for the 12, 42v and 5.9L 24v trucks.

easiest place to start is the back wall on the 1989-2002 trucks, it is naked--- no insulation on most years.

PM me if you are interested.

· Registered
790 Posts
Interested....

We just removed the carpeting and painted the floor black and added floor mats all over because the carpet would get to grungy with all the contruction we do.

But.. we also straightpiped the truck and it exits before the axle, and now its LOUD!

· Registered
2,747 Posts
just thorwing this out there, but 90% of the noise from stack resonates through the glass, and to my knowledge, theres no way to insulate the back glass with out covering it up

it you were trying to kill engine noise, or tire hum etc, then the matting would help, but i dont see what you would accomplish insulating the cab

if you had noraml exhaust, that sound could be insulated, but i dont think your going to quiet anything down successfuly with stacks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.