Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all. Recently upgraded my stock lift pump to a FASS DDRP unit. Since I can rely on a steady supply of fuel, I've decided to look into modules. Seeing that the pump won't support an adequate supply of fuel for major programming upgrades, and the 47RE won't take a big bump in output, I was thinking something along the lines of something low-key.

The DiabloSport power puck and the Quadzilla XZT+ are both within my price range for the time being, and in the future I'd like to upgrade to a Smarty once I get the TC replaced with something stronger and more reliable. Until then, I had to ask around what people thought between the two, and possibly take some other advice and recommendations if both of these possibilites weren't well-accepted by the trucks belonging to those on the board.

Any input on either of these [or comparison of both] would be greatly appreciated, even if it's just an FYI, story of a friend's experience, or simply your $.02. Thanks.

Read more: http://www..com/24-valve-2nd-gen-do...rt-vs-quadzilla.html#post433868#ixzz0XAdvWQJs

·
Registered
480 Posts
save your money get an adrenaline

·
Hemi
12,651 Posts
Go with the XTZ+. But make sure you watch the fuel pressure...DDRP's are made for stock trucks.

·
Bleed All American!
1,153 Posts
save your money get an adrenaline
I agree. I had to learn the hard way. should have bought the adr to begin with. You can have your economy and power when you want... def a one stop shop.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go with the XTZ+. But make sure you watch the fuel pressure...DDRP's are made for stock trucks.
Have you heard anything about the XTZ+ throwing DTCs? I was reading reviews on XDP's site and one guy said the gains were great, but it was followed by nothing but trouble.

·
Hemi
12,651 Posts
I haven't heard of any problems like that... I have heard lots of good though! But every truck is different ya know. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Have you heard anything about the XTZ+ throwing DTCs? I was reading reviews on XDP's site and one guy said the gains were great, but it was followed by nothing but trouble.
I'd be careful about reviews that you read anywhere. Although it is wise to read reviews and ask questions on a product you are interested in, don't believe everything they say 100%. At least that's what I try to do is essentially read between the lines.:thumbsup:

Reactions: MooseISB

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What would safe pressure be before and after the filter?

·
Registered
286 Posts
go with the xzt+ its a great box for the money especially if money is tight. haven't had any problems with mine and the USB updatable feature is nice to have just check out quads website and choose any tune for free, if you want to upgrade in the future you can always sell it.

Reactions: MooseISB

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Another vote for the XZT+. I like the ability to change the programming as I see fit. This box has a pretty amount of pep. It also has the ability to have high idle and engine warmup protection.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Another vote for the XZT+. I like the ability to change the programming as I see fit. This box has a pretty amount of pep. It also has the ability to have high idle and engine warmup protection.
Just curious but do you notice the power in the higher rpm as well? I noticed with the edge ez that I ran that it was peppy on the bottom end but top end left something to be desired. I'm just looking for a comparison between the two chips.:headbang:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts