Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is in my sig... i know about draining the rail and hearing the popping.. if i floor it in second it will pop but the fuel gauge is pegged at 26000psi.. so im sure it the relief popping? and say im in 4th gear or really any gear if i floor it i can get my gauge to top out at 26000psi flat... stock lift pump stock injection pump... figured if i was draining the rail wouldnt i see it on the rail gauge.. yes i know i need to buy a fuel pressure gauge and i know im losing pressure from my lift pump but would that also show on the rail pressure... thanks...

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also i am running crazy larry on the pmt...and edge all the way up and about 40-42 psi

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Holy rail pressure. I hope you dont run around town with that much pressure all the time. If you guage is pegged at 26k I wonder what pressure your really running. Running that much tuning I cant image you have any fuel pressure at all and I would think you would see it on the rail guage.

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Don't the Edge and the BD both change the duration and timing? If so it's not a good stack.

· Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Don't the Edge and the BD both change the duration and timing? If so it's not a good stack.
I think so. What you are hearing is possibly timing pop.

Also at 26,000+psi say bye bye to your injectors, and also to your relief valve. If that is out you can also experience popping. A nice $500 from the dealership :spank:
That seems pretty high for a rail that is not capped.

· Premium Member
2,608 Posts
I assumed he meant the ez for pressure only. According to his sig, its the ez.
Dang I gotta pay better attention sometimes. :hehe: Every time I hear the word "Edge" I think of the J/A.:S:

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya its a pressure box... no leaking anywhere... around town i sit at the normal 7-8k psi... idle at 4-5k cruise freeway at 10-12k but if i smash the pedal it will climb and sit at 24-26k until i let go... I would imagine that my truck would be running out of fuel but it doesnt just seems to not lose pressure... and the popping only happens when i slam it in second... tires break loose and its prob timing pop from hitting rev or just so much fuel to fast... any ideas...

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
My fault for not knowing what an EZ does... :S:

· Registered
2,684 Posts
I have an X2, and I have a really bad injector chatter from timing advance, Im ditching this and getting the smarty for the adjustability, I am not replacing anymore INJs if I can help it:thumbsup:

I can hit 24-26K WOT LVL4 and cruise 17-18K on LVL1

LVL2 I usually see 23-24K WOT and a little higher on LVL3

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i can do the same thing.... and my truck pulls hard till about 2300rpmish then it plains out doesnt keep pulling hard.... dont know if that normal but could be cause of the small turbo... dam 03

· Registered
2,684 Posts
i can do the same thing.... and my truck pulls hard till about 2300rpmish then it plains out doesnt keep pulling hard.... dont know if that normal but could be cause of the small turbo... dam 03
03s are a good motor, it is probably an LP, LP on these trucks arent the best, why dont you step in my office and click the link below:thumbsup:

· Registered
133 Posts
I am also running the x2 and at wot throttle am hitting 26600 on all levels...I also hear bad chattle after let off of wot...should I be worried??? sorry not to hijack

· Registered
1,330 Posts
If your going to run extra pressure, especially that much extra, I would get a good quality fuel filtration system. I would try and keep the pressure down below 20k for daily driving. The only time I crank up the pressure is on the dyno, racing, pulling, ext.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
builtogame, if it pulls hard till 2300 rpm then falls on its face, you are most likely out of fuel. Your stock fuel system cant keep up with crazy larry by itself let alone the ez on top of that.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
but wouldnt i see the pressure drop and not stay up at 24k-25k

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
is the chattle sound like turbo sputter or whatever word you wanna call it now adays..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.