Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i'm going to be installing my Raptor lp tomorrow and in the instructions it says to use a diesel compatible thread sealer on the fittings. Which product would you guys recommend?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Ok i'm going to be installing my Raptor lp tomorrow and in the instructions it says to use a diesel compatible thread sealer on the fittings. Which product would you guys recommend?

Thanks
I DON'T KNOW WHY REGULAR TEFLON TAPE WOULN'T WORK!:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Ditto. Just make sure the tape doesn't hang out over the end of the threads. That way it won't be in the fuel flow. It should all be in the threads.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Ditto. Just make sure the tape doesn't hang out over the end of the threads. That way it won't be in the fuel flow. It should all be in the threads.
:thumbsup:agree2::agree2:

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Don't use the regular teflon tape. Diesel will degrade it and it will leak--I know. That's what I used when I first installed my gauges.
I then used the permatex listed above and have not had a problem for 3 years now. You can also use the yellow teflon tape that is hydrocarbon resistant. You can find it at Home Depot or Lowes.

Randy

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts
Yeap... You need to use diesel fuel rated sealants. Becareful with any sealant that you don't get it into the fuel system...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts