Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Quick BHAF Q's

648 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  BlackedOut02
I was just wondering how these compare to an aem or other name brand filter? How much power can they handle? I am planning quad, fbd 150's and 62mm turbo. I just dont wanna buy this filter and then have to spend more money on another once I start puttin more power to it. Also wondering if I would need headstuds for that combo? and how hard is it to put them in? Thanks guys... and don't worry about supporting mods.. raptor will be here tomorrow and the trans is getting built in 5 months.... performance parts arent going on till AFTER that stuff is done!!:cbadge2:
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,472 Posts
not as good as afe or s&b or amsoil filter in terms of flow of ccfm's however its better than stock ccfm's and has a much greater filtration capacity than any of the compeitors but in turn doesnt flow as well. i wouldnt recomend headstuds unless your 50+plus boost

Reactions: joe6

· Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your the man furry!!! my new bff!!! haha i think i will just wait till i get the coin and do the afe. :yourock:

· Registered
6,585 Posts
I was just wondering how these compare to an aem or other name brand filter? How much power can they handle? I am planning quad, fbd 150's and 62mm turbo. I just dont wanna buy this filter and then have to spend more money on another once I start puttin more power to it. Also wondering if I would need headstuds for that combo? and how hard is it to put them in? Thanks guys... and don't worry about supporting mods.. raptor will be here tomorrow and the trans is getting built in 5 months.... performance parts arent going on till AFTER that stuff is done!!:cbadge2:
a BHAF will handle the 500hp you will make with the 150's and 62. im planning on 700hp with mine. for $50, you cant beat them with a stick :thumbsup: the only thing i recommend is get the pre filter.

headstuds wont hurt anything. they are highly recommended/ manditory if your going over 50psi.

here is my opinion on air filters. there are two ways to make a filter flow more. make bigger holes, or make more holes (bigger filter). bigger holes let in dirt, and diesel engines dont like dirt. oiled filters dont do well on turbocharged engines, they literaly will suck the filter dry.

EDIT: im 90% sure AFE and amsoil make bhaf's

· Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will it improve my mileage at all? I am putting my 4" turbo back on next weekend and if the BHAF will do me fine then i will order that two and put that on...hmmm decisions

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.