Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Questions on the Extreme PowerPuck

902 2
I have an 06 manual 5.9, it has exhaust work and thats it. Is this safe to run, and how high is it safe to turn up without running out of fuel etc? I have boost, egt, and fuel rail pressure gauge. the rail pressure gauge is spliced into the connector for the main harness of the engine and is this reading real pressure or reading the pressure the puck is telling the computer to see? Sorry for the questions. Just trying to get a few extra mpg and a lil more power out of my truck. Thanks in advance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
The puck tricks the ecu on the fuel pressure so the gauge won't be accurate. How many setting are on the extreme puck? I have the Power Puck and it only has three (off, 60, 90). If you are trying to get mileage I would say the second from last setting would be my guess and of course keep your foot out of it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the extreme is a dial that goes from 0-100hp and ok thats what i was thinking on the rail pressure. i will relocate it tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.