Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed my edge today just curious what parameters everyone else is running.
Not doing to much towing at this time just trying to get better mileage like everyone else. My mods are an airaid intake 5" tbe from Badp and a gen 1 awaiting my gen 2

· Registered
18 Posts
5x5, just try not to get over excited if so unlock level 6

· Washington Chapter Vice President
5,035 Posts
I run mine on 6 with everything turned up. Its just a ton of fun to drive. I also see the best mileage there when i dont watch the black stuff coming out of the pipes. LOL!

· Registered
496 Posts
what do they say the power is with the hot unlock?

· Cummins Fanatic
867 Posts
what do they say the power is with the hot unlock?
They claim the same horsepower as level 5 just a more aggressive fueling curve. You CAN tell the difference I think its worth the hundred bucks:thumbsup

· Registered
444 Posts
I just purchased an 07.5 2500 CC LWB with 20K. I have a stock vehicle besides a leveling kit and 20in wheels. It has the Attitude on it what is a safe level to run on a stock vehicle. Will any setting help milage? I had it on setting 2 when I picked it up in Houston. Drove it back to Oklahoma averaged 13.4mpg with a trailer and mustang. Empty Im lucky if it gets 15 at 70mph. Please help I want to play!!!!

5,035 Posts
The Higher the setting the Better the MPG if you can resist the power. Auto or Manual? Dont do boosted launches with an Auto. Manuals have weak clutches. Probably will slip a little with the edge on 5. Also Watch the EGTs.

· Registered
444 Posts
Sorry 6spd auto. Can the stock trany handle all the levels?

5,035 Posts
You are ok with a stock tranny and all the levels if you are sensible. You romp the heck out of it or do boosted launches it will have a shortened life.

· Registered
763 Posts
Comp do you get much smoke from the edge and ts. I hear guys talking about rollin some coal and mine doesn't roll nothing. It does a little bit but not like some of these guys are talking about. Just wondered what yours does

5,035 Posts
I get a fair amount. Nothing like the 5.9s i have seen. At first it was minimal and has increased over time. Not sure if it has to do with the intake and everything cleaning the soot out and flowing better.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.