Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, the other day I got my tank/toolbox back from being sand blasted/painted. The tank I have is not an official auxiliary tank, I think it would be classified as a transfer tank. It already had a 1/4" drain port on the bottom left so I got the RDS gravity feed kit and installed that. I went to Napa and got a 1/4" petc0ck and 5/16" barbed nipple because the RDS petc0ck is 3/8".

I'm pretty confident my plumbing to the filler neck with the ball valve is correct but I'm not getting any fuel transfer. After I did some reading I realized my tank has no vent ports for this setup. It just has your typical bulkhead on top with the push and twist cap, the first couple of times I took it off I could hear either vacuum or pressure escaping. Then it has the other opening on the passenger side for a transfer pump. I'm thinking the easiest way for me to put a vent in is take the screw in cap (pictured) out then drill and tap it for a rollover safe vent. I was thinking I would silicone the threads and hope for the best.

If anyone has a part number from napa or advance auto for a good vent valve to use I would appreciate it.

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,806 Posts
My aux tank has a self vent cap set up that allows venting and wont spill fuel. Seen some just like it at tractor supply.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My aux tank has a self vent cap set up that allows venting and wont spill fuel. Seen some just like it at tractor supply.
Must be I have a different problem then because I have the same kind of cap already on it...not sure why I would here a pressure change when I remove it though...I'm thinking maybe them painting over the whole cap may have clogged it up? I'll just go get another cap tomorrow and try that.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
x2 rpage. here is what to do with the transfer side. make them both the same, fill from either side.

Reactions: Rob66

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'm all copy catted up :thumbsup:...

Ended up my routing to the ball valve wasn't quite right, she's flowing now, thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts