Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbsupi have a tst power max chip and a smarty and am wondering what the best settings for either or both or what you are currently running. any opinions would be helpful. thanks

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
?.............................................anyone

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
come on i kno some1 thinks there smarter than me please help

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
You gotta give people some time between your post's for a reply........

If your still on the stock fuel system and turbo, trying to stack the two is not going to work. You could run them both on low settings and you might be able to hold rail pressure. But anything above 2's on the TST with the Smarty also will drain your rail.

You'd be better off by cranking the Smarty by itself and see what you get.

Do you have the gauges with the TST?
I'd start on low settings and bump up from there. Every truck is going to be different because of the different mods to each.

Randy

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks randy, your a good sir. yea the tst has gauges and i think im going to run the tst on 1 and 1 with the smarty on 5

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Be careful with the Smarty's torque management. It will eat a stock tranny alive......................

If you don't have stock t/m on the Smarty, better to stick with the lower settings.

With the TST, do you have the ability to turn off the timing? If not you will want to run the even settings on the Smarty. Two chips doing timing is not a good thing.

Randy

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea. my truck is a manual and i have a heavy duty clutch. does that help

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does anybody know what the settings are for the tst power max?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts