Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right guys I've had the truck for a few weeks and to be honest I don't understand why they are still making gas heavy duty trucks. I really loved my old truck but it had been replaced by a better one...lol.

Anyway the truck is basically stock. I'm pretty sure that the guy who owned it before me had done some things to it but I have know way to find out for sure. So how do I know if the transmission has an upgraded valve body and TC, what are the differences in driving? The reason I'm wondering is the trans while having 60k shifts strong, and the convert locks up pretty damn good.

I was also wondering what are some good gauges? I want to get a pyro, boost, and trans temp gauge and mount them some where on the center portion of the dash above the cup holders (it's an 06).

It's getting around 15 mpg mixed and 16.5 (hand calced with a 10% correction that I came up with using my GPS) for the tires highway with 4.5 inch lift and 35 12.5 20 Toyo MTs. Is this pretty much the norm?

I plan on getting the gauges first, then tranny VB and TC if it's not already done them a tuner that will give me mileage and allow me to compensate for the tires and reset codes if needed.

Whats your advise?

Thanks

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
with 60k on the clock hopefully when the person before you had the tranny fluid changed, they had a shift kit installed at that time. when it shifts, is it a right now hit? the mileage your getting now is pretty good, i'm assuming in oregon they have winter blend fuel? if so you will get better mileage when they switch back. my superchip gives me good power when i want it, i also gained 3mpg just in city driving. it will allow me to adjust tire size, read codes & set high idle. if you dont want to replace expensive parts & a big $$ name, then superchip is a good safe programmer.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ESAFO

The tranny has a real positive shift, not hard but solid and when the converter locks its pretty strong as well. I haven't looked at super chips yet but sounds just like what I'm looking for.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,283 Posts
check on top of the fuse box under hood to see if there
is any sticky residue on there. thats a tell tale sign
the previous owner had a box.

diprocol, isspro, autometer are three of the more popular
gage brands. Dodge Cummins and Ford Power Stroke Diesel Truck Accessories - Geno's Garage sells some good
gage pods.

smarty jr, edge ez quad mileage max are all good mpg boxes with good safe power. tons of options if your wanting to go more than 65 hp on a hotrod box.

enjoy the truck and the site ! :thumbsup:

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
Thanks ESAFO

The tranny has a real positive shift, not hard but solid and when the converter locks its pretty strong as well. I haven't looked at super chips yet but sounds just like what I'm looking for.
if you take your time & look around you can find some good deals on used toys here, with the few toys that i have without getting crazy. i have $400 into all of it including shipping on the programmer & cai plus the labor on my exhaust :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts