Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at upgrading my stock suspension; however, I wanted to keep my suspension close to stock height and stock specifications. Is the Carli Starter System the same as stock height or is it taller? Pictures are welcome.

·
Vendor
6,347 Posts
The Starter Kit will lift most trucks approximately 3" in the frony and 1" in the rear. Part of increasing the ride quality in the front is to increase the actual wheel travel. The only simple way to do this is to run a taller progressive spring that would give more up travel before the axle hits the bumpstop.

·
Premium Member
16,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Starter Kit will lift most trucks approximately 3" in the frony and 1" in the rear. Part of increasing the ride quality in the front is to increase the actual wheel travel. The only simple way to do this is to run a taller progressive spring that would give more up travel before the axle hits the bumpstop.
Thanks, that's what I needed to know. I'm afraid the extra lift would kill my fuel economy. :confused013:

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I just put the front half of a Carli starter in my 2500. I found a great deal on some KORE/Deaver rears so I used those.

My ride is much nicer than it was before. Speed bumps that I used to bottom the bumps on at 5 mph, I can now hit at 25+.

I didn't see a huge drop in fuel economy, but I already had a big drop due to my camper. Proportionally, I hardly noticed the lift. I think it was maybe .5 MPG. Odd because with my old Ford, I had a huge drop with the lift, but not with the camper. Of course, I did them in opposite order, so probably the same end result.

·
Premium Member
16,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Maybe I'll start out with this first.

Than I will upgrade to this: It looks like I might be able to maintain a stock height by using the sway bar end-links that can be adjusted for 0 to 3 inches of lift. This might be the ticket.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Maybe I'll start out with this first.

Than I will upgrade to this: It looks like I might be able to maintain a stock height by using the sway bar end-links that can be adjusted for 0 to 3 inches of lift. This might be the ticket.

A leveling kit is just that a LEVELING KIT. It will lift the front of the truck approximately two inches leveling the truck front to rear. Rear will still be stock height but the front will not!

·
Vendor
6,347 Posts
The Carli Leveling kit will lift the truck between 2.5 and 3 inches in the front.

And here is the new front end upgrade kit although the ball joints will take quite a while to get.

·
Premium Member
16,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Skyd Ram, will the Carli adjustable track bar clear the front Mag-Hytec diff. cover on a stock truck and/or Carli front leveling kit?

·
Vendor
6,347 Posts
The Carli trackbar should have about the same clearance as the stock trackbar. Guys have smacked the Mag-Hytec cover into the factory track bar bracket when they wheel the truck hard. The Mag-Hytec cover does interfere with the new style steering but it can be ground down a bit to get it to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts