Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 01 24v that i bought a couple months ago, the engine seems louder then it should be and it dont seem smooth. i can sometimes hear it over my 4in sraight pipe. i know its the nature of the beast to be loud but it seems like the injectors or mabye valves need adjusted. its not blowin any smoke or anything

its not a knock more like a tick or a ping, oil level is good. before i bought the truck it had 150hp injectors and a smarty/edge pro comp box on it with an hx40 turbo.

will injectors quiet it down and smooth it out? or could the adjustment be out, it has 124,xxx miles on it.

my buddy has the same truck with injectors and an edge and 5in pipe and its quieter.

any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
do your valve adjustments its about time to do them since your over 100k.

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
It could be injectors. You can loosen injector lines one at time and perhaps figure offending cylinder.
These are diesel and make noise. Some more than others. If not injectors and not a miss. Leave er be and enjoy true diesel sounds.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I can tell you that mine runs much louder and doesn't seem as smooth when it's cold out. I hear engine noises I never knew were there in the summer! I've got a big box of sound deadening material sitting right next to me that should fix that issue though...... I hope!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts