Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two questions for anyone that has done the BADP install. I have e-mailed BDAP but while I am waiting...

1. The instructions say that a you are not to reuse the stock EGTs but rather use one that comes attached to the box if I am reading it correctly. I don't have a new pyrometer in my package or connected to the box. Looks like the same connectors. Can I re-use a stock one?

2. At the end of the BADP pipe with the bungs the hanger is parallel to the pipe. The hanger coming off my frame is perpendicular to the frame and the exhaust. The rubber is only going to work if the two are parallel so I guess I have to bend one or the other now but was just wondering if mine is an oddball.

·
Registered
331 Posts
1. I got caught up for a second on those instructions also. You reuse ALL of the probes in the exhaust except for the two lines to the tranny. You leave the two large fat round plugs hooked up tho their harnesses. You take the three skinny round probes and you disconnect those from the harness. You then connect those to the race module and then the other connection for the race module connects to the stock harness.

2. The hanger for the middle section is a little screwy with the turbo down pipe tightenened all the way you can not get the hanger to line up due to the front probe hitting the transfer case. I think thats what your talking about.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. I got caught up for a second on those instructions also. You reuse ALL of the probes in the exhaust except for the two lines to the tranny. You leave the two large fat round plugs hooked up tho their harnesses. You take the three skinny round probes and you disconnect those from the harness. You then connect those to the race module and then the other connection for the race module connects to the stock harness.

2. The hanger for the middle section is a little screwy with the turbo down pipe tightenened all the way you can not get the hanger to line up due to the front probe hitting the transfer case. I think thats what your talking about.
Thanks. So I am not missing anything.

The hangers are 90 degrees to each other instead of parallel so the the rubber part can not possibly go between the two. The hanger on my exhaust might have been manufactured different than others.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Might have been. It might be mixed with a mega cab or long/short bed mix up. You are not missing anything. I thought I was as well. Those instructions SUCK a big one so dont take them to heart just take it slow and do it right.

·
Registered
395 Posts
i never had any problems with the instructions and what they said to do but I think that the hangar is the same on everybody's....i think that the 5.9 trucks have the hangar facing the right direction to fit the exhaust but I am not positive on that one.....i just didn't use that one and have had no problems.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I am thinking this is a 5.9 vs. 6.7 thing as well. I will just make something work.

Good to know I don't need a special EGT sensor. I will finish up tonight and worry about the hanger later.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same problem with the hangers not lining up, I ended up just bending them to make it work.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My hanger didn't line up either, about a foot too short up the frame rail. I just bent another exhaust hanger and bolted it to the side of the frame and made the hanger on the new exhuast work.

·
On a new learning curve!
1,053 Posts
Hmmmm, that much money for the exhaust and you have to fabricate brackets?????

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yeah what the crap!! Still waiting on delivery but that is gonna piss me off If I just paid 1600 bucks for an exhaust and Im gonna have to bend stuff around to make it fit.

·
Registered
102 Posts
At least you got instructions I did mine in the dark No problems tho. I got duals tho which were not 5" all the way and do not have 6"tips and is not straight piped has a muffler built in nonremovable with a hanger that doesnt work so I can't get my tips hanging even without some welding of my own.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hmmmm, that much money for the exhaust and you have to fabricate brackets?????
you can't really complain about it since you don't have much of a choice....at least they are helping us out by making these kits for us....i am grateful that they have taken the time to offer these mods and I am sure that everybody else that has bought one is also grateful.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yo man we arent talking about Princess Di removing old landmines saving the children of Cambodia!! We are selling a some bent exhaust pipe and a fooler box. I highly doubt that there are many Performance parts companies out there that want to build charity parts for us so WE can all live better lives.:lol3: And guess what. Whoever makes it first SELLS it first. Its all about the money. If I pay good money for a good product I would like a good product. Is that to much to ask?

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Yo man we arent talking about Princess Di removing old landmines saving the children of Cambodia!! We are selling a some bent exhaust pipe and a fooler box. I highly doubt that there are many Performance parts companies out there that want to build charity parts for us so WE can all live better lives.:lol3: And guess what. Whoever makes it first SELLS it first. Its all about the money. If I pay good money for a good product I would like a good product. Is that to much to ask?

You got to remember!

"No Body Makes An Exhaust for 6.7L.!!!" :T:

They are modified 5.9L Exhaust kits. :w:

So just enjoy it. :hyper:

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I just put a 5" kit from H&S on a truck. All the hangers were welded to clamps so you could position them where ever you needed them. The only one that wouldnt go on was the one that mounts to the downpipe. It hit the frame but didnt seem needed. Great and simple install really.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts