Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'm thinking of upgrading my stock lift pump and have it narrowed down to an Airdog or FASS but I have some questions that I cant find answers to using the search.

I would really like to go down to a 2micron filter and change out the water separator because from what I read there not up to Cummings specs.

So, is there any way I could just change out the Airdog of FASS filters and water separator for something like a cat or Baldwin??

my truck is a 2003 and I'm not sure what is involved in changing out the lift pump, so would it be better to get a standalone lift pump and then run my own filtration like the GDP remote mount fuel/water or something along those lines??

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMHO get a stand alone pump and just run remote heads. You will have money on parts and filters. :thumbsup:
OK cool can I just run 2 gdp filter kits??
because that would get very expensive very fast,
it would just make sense to buy the FASS or Airdog with the filters built in?? or can you just buy the heads and fitting some where else for cheeper??,
I still don't know if I can change out those filters for something with better filtration?

· Premium Member
4,809 Posts
OK cool can I just run 2 gdp filter kits??
because that would get very expensive very fast,
it would just make sense to buy the FASS or Airdog with the filters built in?? or can you just buy the heads and fitting some where else for cheeper??,
I still don't know if I can change out those filters for something with better filtration?
Pair of Baldwin FB 1311 filter heads, O-ring to O-ring union, O-ring to JIC or AN and AN to pushlok and your in business. Total cost 65-80 bucks. :thumbsup: Parker is a GREAT source for fittings. Other filter head options are Napa/Wix 24770 (NPT ports) or Fleetguard 142784S (o-ring).

My set up:
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-powertrain/64976-cat-fuel-filter-set-up.html

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pair of Baldwin FB 1311 filter heads, O-ring to O-ring union, O-ring to JIC or AN and AN to pushlok and your in business. Total cost 65-80 bucks. :thumbsup: Parker is a GREAT source for fittings. Other filter head options are Napa/Wix 24770 (NPT ports) or Fleetguard 142784S (o-ring).

My set up:
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-powertrain/64976-cat-fuel-filter-set-up.html
that's exactly what I was looking for, where did you buy all the parts?

nice setup buy the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.