Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new to me diesel.

Looking at an 09 Laramie 3500 with all bells and whistles.

OR

A 2012 3500 dually basic model with cloth and vinyl.

Both have under 100k miles both priced about the same. Any thoughts or guidance to give. My previous rig was an 03 5.9 that I loved for a long time.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good thought.

Any transmission worries one over the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
New 68rfes are a bit better, built up a little for the 800ft# but their both solid. The emission stuff on the 012 is better.

Both under 100k, around the sale price, no reason at all to get a older model unless there’s some emotional connection with it. (Like I wand a 99-01 SCSB again one day, for fun) The extra “features” in the loaded 09 are not that big of a deal. It’s all bs crap you can fix up later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
891 Posts
Get the 09, unless you need a dually. JD

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
There aren't too many features a loaded 09 would have other than leather. I'd take the bigger cab and katzkins leather if you want leather.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Emission system and the front end components are the same on the 2009 as the 2012. The better emission system and a different design on the front end components didn't start until 2013/2014.
The 2012 will have more comfortable seats, crew cab is bigger and there is more power under the hood in stock form. Do you need a dually? I wouldn't want one unless there is a need.

Reactions: s10010001

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
ohhh the 09 is SRW? well that changes things a bit. I love dually, but they are a pain lot too. My mistake on the emission stuff, I was thinking that was when DEF came along..

That being said... your call bud, go look at both and see what one you like better. Im sure one will feel better than the other. the 09 should have more bargaining leverage being 10 years old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts