Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this stuff, so take it easy on me here.
I Just ordered the XRT pro, and dpf delete. I have questions regarding transmission tuning, whether I can order it after, and download it? and Why get it to begin with?

I do not see my self going past the 60Hp tune, is a egr delete neccessary? I know the xrt pro automatically turns it off, but is removing it needed?

Also the fuel rail plug, will I require it to run such a mild tune?

Towing is my last question, is it safe to tow in a mild tune such as the 60Hp tune?

thanks for any help in advance.

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
I Just ordered the XRT pro, and dpf delete. I have questions regarding transmission tuning, whether I can order it after, and download it? and Why get it to begin with?

I do not see my self going past the 60Hp tune, is a egr delete neccessary? I know the xrt pro automatically turns it off, but is removing it needed?

Towing is my last question, is it safe to tow in a mild tune such as the 60Hp tune?

I have that same setup and yes you can order the trans tune later and install it..I love the tranny tune..it firms up the shifts and no more up and down hunting for gears..i run the wild setting that i think is 100hp..you will like it..im not sure on the fuel rail plug..it probably wouldn't hurt but i do not have it in mine and all seems ok and i think you will be fine towing..IMO :thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts

ONLY ONE REPLY.......Wheres H & S......Casey

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have MM with stuff in my sig I run it on HD W/Turbo on HOT for around town Driving and same toon but on MILD for towing 11k TT Outback

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was told directly from H&S that the power levels on the programmers on the XRT Pro is 40-80-120hp on the 2010-2011 trucks. That the info on their website is related to th previous year models.

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
I was told directly from H&S that the power levels on the programmers on the XRT Pro is 40-80-120hp on the 2010-2011 trucks. That the info on their website is related to th previous year models.
Thanks!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think that is correct on a undeleted truck(stock)...but,on a deleted truck,the mild tune is 60hp....my concern is towing 20k with the mild tune 60hp:confused013:..my 2010 truck has deletes

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I think that is correct on a undeleted truck(stock)...but,on a deleted truck,the mild tune is 60hp....my concern is towing 20k with the mild tune 60hp:confused013:..my 2010 truck has deletes
Do you run a pyro. If so you can moniter EGT temps wich is a must for towing with any extra power. Even no power level is more than stock power because of the deletes themselves. I highly recomend you get a pyro and gauge towing that wieght.

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
Like asked above, do you still need to remove the egr or can you just turn it off and be ok? Thanks
I left my EGR in place as well, butt to insure that no soot re-entered my engine i installed a Dorman Freeze Plug in the cross over tube :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts