Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been asked, but i couldn't find it anywhere. I know you can stack the edge with the SC, I know the edge adjusts timing, but what all does the Edge tinker with? Thanks in advance guys.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
the edge does fuel and timing, i believe duration to. I wouldn do that stack. I did that stack on a customers 00 Cummins, and it had so much timing the truck wouldnt shut down. And to much timing also equals big boom

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know guys are running this stack, i'm just curious if on the new edge setup you can shut the timing off.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I would only run that stack if the Juice has the stock timing option. If it only has the Juice timing I would not stack it with anything other than the MP-8.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's the answer i was looking for. my edge should be here today... if the campground office stays open. if the juice doesn't have the timing option, i'm gonna have an SC for sale...

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Glad I could help:thumbsup

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Let me know if you sell the SC. I stacked the BD PP with mine and i dont have the timing option. I did get a timing rattle but i would like to see what the SC would do as a stack with the Edge/MP-8. Just for fun sake. :D

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'll let you know if i decide to get rid of it. is the edge timing pretty agressive? i know the SC on extreme is pretty high...

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I don't find it to be aggressive, it is very mild IMHO.

·
Registered
721 Posts
With my first edge (the one without the timing option) If I was loaded (4k) I would get a stumble right when I rolled into the throttle from cruising speed. It didn't seem to matter which tune I had loaded on the superchips. If it wasn't the stock tune, it would do it. Not like if I rolled it on to pass but just the occasional steep hill or somthing that required a little more throttle. Of coarse that might have been the Module. I had problems with a P0106 code and edge replaced the module. Truck's run awsome since.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts