Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Question for those with arson jr or II bag of parts

2184 Views 27 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  cowpunch
Will they support a set of 80 hp injectors. Would like to get fully modified cp3 but thats just not in the cards yet.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
841 Posts
If you are stacking boxes with injectors you will drain the rail. Several of the folks that i've talked to that got the Arson Jr. soon upgraded to a stage 2. You can start with an Arson jr. though and send your CP3 in later and it won't be as expensive as a full stage 2 since the Arson jr. is part of the stage 2 upgrade. II is like 30 minutes from me and I wanted their buisness, they just want too much $$$ compared to Wicked for the same thing.

· Premium Member
8,859 Posts
If you are stacking boxes with injectors you will drain the rail. Several of the folks that i've talked to that got the Arson Jr. soon upgraded to a stage 2. You can start with an Arson jr. though and send your CP3 in later and it won't be as expensive as a full stage 2 since the Arson jr. is part of the stage 2 upgrade. II is like 30 minutes from me and I wanted their buisness, they just want too much $$$ compared to Wicked for the same thing.
not even close to the same thing II mods all three parts fir the 6.7 like they do on the dmax pumps and 5.9. Wickid only does 2 parts thus arson jr rather then just the arson kit, last I knew II wont make the the bag of parts anymore, I had them make me might kit along time ago before they were selling them. I really dont think you would have much problem at all I have never seen my rail drop under 25k at wot with stock injectors so you wouldnt drop much more then that if any.

· Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,917 Posts
Get atleast a stage 2 for 80's. I will get injectors after I beef up the tranny.

· 700hp Club
2,197 Posts
with the set up i have now i am running out of fuel with the MP8 on at all. i am installing the Arson Jr to see how much that helps and will report back. right now i will drop about 8k on the rail pressure at WOT as soon as i turn on the 8, and on the dyno i only gained 17hp with the 8 on 100%.

· Registered
841 Posts
not even close to the same thing II mods all three parts fir the 6.7 like they do on the dmax pumps and 5.9. Wickid only does 2 parts thus arson jr rather then just the arson kit, last I knew II wont make the the bag of parts anymore, I had them make me might kit along time ago before they were selling them. I really dont think you would have much problem at all I have never seen my rail drop under 25k at wot with stock injectors so you wouldnt drop much more then that if any.
"Foot in mouth" I was confused. II included the new gear pump with their bag-o-parts. You are right, II quit making the bago-o-parts for the 6.7. As far as the stage 2 upgrade is concerned, the Wicked is less than half the price of the II and the upgraded flow is pretty close. Wicked 25% more flow and II 33%.

· Registered
2,024 Posts
So Industrial Injection offers two kits for our CP3's -

One that flows 33% and the other flows 45%. Is the 33% the Stage II and the 45% the Stage III?

I bought the one that says, "modified CP3" on their website that flows 33% - but was under the impression that was their stage 1.

· Premium Member
8,859 Posts
and a 85% pump also, a stage 1 pump is the same thing as a stock pump with the bag of parts

· Registered
841 Posts
Yea the bag-o-parts was 15%. II has a 33% and an 80%. They didn't tell me about a 45%.

· Premium Member
8,859 Posts
Yea the bag-o-parts was 15%. II has a 33% and an 80%. They didn't tell me about a 45%.
I am almost positive this is how it goes

stage 1 and bag of parts= 15% more then stock
stage 2 = 30% more then stock
stage 3 = 85% more then stock
grand po bah= 230% more then stock

· Registered
841 Posts
That's what I thought too.

· Premium Member
2,315 Posts
Their flow ratings are inflated, especially since their is no reference to actual flow numbers. There are areas of CP3 modification, that substantially increase output that others do not touch.

· 700hp Club
2,197 Posts
ok, installed the Arson Jr yesterday, it bucked and surged for about 30miles but has been running smooth sinse. sure rolls coal now, WOT with the MP8 @ about 75% there is no drop in rail pressure, haven't tried at 100 yet. i will get on a dyno once my traction bars are finished and let you all know what the combo is getting now, i havn't been on a dyno for a while, have installed the xrt, Arson and water/meth sinse then.:drool2:

· Premium Member
8,859 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.