Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Question again...lol

504 Views 7 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  mulisha
Friend of mine has a 04 CR 5.9 with the TNT smarty tune. I do not know much about EDGE. He has the opportunity to get the edge EZ when he trades in one of his older modular tuners.

Is the TNT and the Edge EZ not a good mix? I thought the EZ did timing?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,004 Posts
the edge ez is a pressure box, just like the mp-8...the edge ez goes good with a smarty or the edge j/a...and yes the edge ez goes nice with a smarty tnt tune..

· Registered
4,129 Posts
Edge EZ is the $hit John. I have the Smarty TNT/r stacked with Edge EZ and TST. On the CR trucks, the Edge EZ is just a rail pressure box!!!

It helps throttle and you get a pants in the feel feeling. Just don't leave the RP too high on the Smarty and Edge at the same time. Let me know if you need some help tuning it.

· Registered
4,129 Posts
i dont know about that assasin, that seat in the pants feeling is HP.and really if anything is $hit its the TST..thats been responsible for a boatload of engine casualties.
I've only used the TST one time. Its not even on the truck. I remember when I bought my Edge EZ 2 years ago and I felt the difference from the get go. This was when I just had stock turbo and stixs. It helped a lot overall power and MPG too.

As for TST/Smarty stack. Its is all about tuning :spank: . If you know to ONLY USE 1 Programmer for TIMING!!! I have seen guys running TST//Smarty without a problem. I don't use the TST for Rail Pressure. The TST is for Duration and the Smarty is for CaTcher levels. The Edge EZ is for the rail pressure.

· Registered
4,129 Posts
..........................................agreed lol. have you ever tried the mp-8 assasin
I haven't tried the MP-8. But a buddy named J.P Libert had Smarty/ MP-8 and it ran great. Made 806 with 64/480 with Flux 4's and dual cp3's. Another buddy named Aaron made 868hp with 62/480 with Flux 3.4's and PPE Dual cp3 kit. Smarty/MP-8.

If I were to do it again, I would give Dr.P a call and order a stage 3 pressure box with adjustable knob. I heard LES (2007 5.9) tried the MP-8 and Edge EZ comparison on his 2007 and the Edge EZ made more with DDP 90's and 85% pump

· Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok good. I wasn't for sure if it was timing or not. I seen some post on the net regarding it has a pressure/timing....And I wasn't for sure if the smarty and EZ would add to much timing together. Thanks for clarifying that and as always you guys rock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.