Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to weighing my truck today.
Fuel tank full, water tank and water heater in camper empty, nobody in the truck, it weighs 9,260.
Add 100 lbs of water, my wife, and me, we'd be at 9,560.
I have Timbrens on the rear and they contact the axle, but just barely start to curl around the top radius. There is still space between the end of the bottom leaf springs and the next spring up, so there is no sign of any issues there; in fact the truck is still high (slightly) in the rear. Tires are rated for 3190 ea. I can't believe that there is over 6,000 on the rear axle.
Is there anything I should be worried about?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Did you just get a total weight or did you weigh each axle separately? Sounds like only a total weight.

If you go to a CAT scale you can get your individual axles as well as total weight for about $9.

Sounds to me like you are close to gross on the rear axle though...but if you aren't planning to tow with the camper on or fill it up with firewood or something you should be good.

How does it drive? A camper can be quite heavy...does it roll over in corners?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't able to get axle weights. It handles beautifully. It actually handles, after the addition of the Timbrens, a lot like it did before I put the camper on. If anything, it seems a bit stiff, and i have noticed virtually no difference in braking, and very little difference in acceleration or mileage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.