Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Exhaust brake doesn't work for warmup on my hardway tune. Cody says they are working on fixing that. It takes forever to warm up now.

Hardway customer services has been so-so for me, not over the top impressive, but they are working with me on my glitch.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Is that just yours or all of Hardways tunes?
I believe all of them until they get it fixed. Definitely on their stock delete and 60 hp tune cus I've tried those

·
Registered
274 Posts
You guys say it takes longer to warm up after you tune. Do you still have to worry about excessive idling like you do when stock? Obviously you don't have to worry about plugging up the DPF, but what about combustion temps?
I've wondered that Myself. Letting it idle to warm up this morning was almost useless in 7 degrees outside. It probably adds 3-4 degrees to the ECT for every minute of idling. I ended up just driving and being easy on it. I really hope they get the exhaust brake feature back, that was so nice to have. I left the house at about 60 degrees ECT and my 13 mile highway drive to work it was just getting to 170 ECT. Like I said it was 7 degrees out. I can't imagine like -30 or something

1 - 3 of 3 Posts