Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have it in my budget and Im ready to roll come Mid march!

How do I decide PPEI or Hardway?

I just want a 65hp tow tune, and trans tuning. Other than that... just doing the other necessary parts to make noise and stop recirculating my farts...

Does either tuner effect exhaust brake/ exhaust brake warm up

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Exhaust brake operation wont be effected, you can still use it to warm up. Keep in mind deleted trucks don't hold heat as easy and take quite a bit longer to warm up. Its just because of how much cooler the exhaust will be.

I had a pretty good experience with PPEI. I had a question and emailed them and they phoned me back right away and answered my question. When I went to place my order there was a glitch with the order and it wouldn't go through I emailed there support guy and he had it fixed in less than a hour and he was away from the office on holidays. When I got my tune I had one more question and replied to Korys email and he replied right away and got me straighten out.

So even though there was a billing glitch and I kept asking questions they were amazing to deal with the whole time. I would definitely recommend. Tune is working great as well no issues what so ever.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Exhaust brake doesn't work for warmup on my hardway tune. Cody says they are working on fixing that. It takes forever to warm up now.

Hardway customer services has been so-so for me, not over the top impressive, but they are working with me on my glitch.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I was just on the phone with Rollin... at this point I'm lining up for PPEI. I wasnt happy with the way a question was answered today at Hardway. And I was aware of the colder temps, I plug in at night or I use the EB warm up so thats another thing thats crucial to me for when I am at an overnight at work.

I was going to attempt the flo pro dual 5" but looks like Im just going to do the single... couldnt get a straight answer from flo pro if it will fit a 2013 with leaf springs, and I am not going to play guinea pig on a product that doesnt get accepted as returns.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yeah, I was just on the phone with Rollin... at this point I'm lining up for PPEI. I wasnt happy with the way a question was answered today at Hardway. And I was aware of the colder temps, I plug in at night or I use the EB warm up so thats another thing thats crucial to me for when I am at an overnight at work.

I was going to attempt the flo pro dual 5" but looks like Im just going to do the single... couldnt get a straight answer from flo pro if it will fit a 2013 with leaf springs, and I am not going to play guinea pig on a product that doesnt get accepted as returns.
you will be happy with the rsd/ppei unit, I've been running the 65hp tune with the 5" flopro for around 800 miles so far without any problems at all.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I haven't loaded up my PPEI yet, but RSD and PPEI were extremely helpful in the order process when I was specing everything out.

I'm sure any professional tuner will meet you needs, but for me PPEI is just down the road from me and I liked having that closer connection. I also like all the results Kory at PPEI has had with Duramax and I feel he is more of a market revolutionist instead of a follower.

Just my .02

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

G

·
Exhaust brake doesn't work for warmup on my hardway tune. Cody says they are working on fixing that. It takes forever to warm up now.

Hardway customer services has been so-so for me, not over the top impressive, but they are working with me on my glitch.
Is that just yours or all of Hardways tunes?

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
You guys say it takes longer to warm up after you tune. Do you still have to worry about excessive idling like you do when stock? Obviously you don't have to worry about plugging up the DPF, but what about combustion temps?

·
Registered
274 Posts
You guys say it takes longer to warm up after you tune. Do you still have to worry about excessive idling like you do when stock? Obviously you don't have to worry about plugging up the DPF, but what about combustion temps?
I've wondered that Myself. Letting it idle to warm up this morning was almost useless in 7 degrees outside. It probably adds 3-4 degrees to the ECT for every minute of idling. I ended up just driving and being easy on it. I really hope they get the exhaust brake feature back, that was so nice to have. I left the house at about 60 degrees ECT and my 13 mile highway drive to work it was just getting to 170 ECT. Like I said it was 7 degrees out. I can't imagine like -30 or something

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Have it in my budget and Im ready to roll come Mid march!

How do I decide PPEI or Hardway?

I just want a 65hp tow tune, and trans tuning. Other than that... just doing the other necessary parts to make noise and stop recirculating my farts...

Does either tuner effect exhaust brake/ exhaust brake warm up

Ryan (Hardway) and I are good buddies. I say call us all up and then make your decision... Or better yet, as I tell the folks in duramax world that ask this question between me and Rob... I say flip a coin!

Plenty of trucks and plenty of market, we are just excited to be accepted into the cummins relm :)

-Kory

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.