Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my deletes done now for about a 1 1/2 years now. This weekend I went pulling and pulled in 2 classes. The truck did great. Won the first class and got 7th in the other which I was still happy with considering there are some heavy hitters in that class. Any way truck ran good like I said but it smoked like a train the whole way down the track. I think alot of the smoke was from the water/methanol 50/50. When I pulled off the track after the second pull it had a little miss in the idle. Actually sound like it was looping. So let it run for a little bit then shut it down, then went to leave and still had the miss at idle. Drove it home and it seem to run fine but my engine brake didn't work. Then my CEL came on, so I pulled over to check it and it was the P2262. I thought I would never see that one again. Well got home and the next mourning went out to check out the truck and now the miss was bad at idle and even at driving, and now it was blowing out bluish smoke. Thought it was an injector but the dealer says its the turbo. The turbo seems to spin up just fine and doesn't make any werid noises, just the engine brake doesn't work. Can't beleive they want to put on a trubo and not even trouble shoot it. Well has anybody had anything similar with their trucks or heard of any trouble with the stock turbo after the delets?

·
Premium Member
6,234 Posts
P2262 code means the variable part of the turbo isnt working correctly... i'm not sure how this relates to a lopey idle or bluish smoke.

start with reloading your software.. if it's still screwy start looking for a mechanical failure somewhere

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P2262 code means the variable part of the turbo isnt working correctly... i'm not sure how this relates to a lopey idle or bluish smoke.

start with reloading your software.. if it's still screwy start looking for a mechanical failure somewhere
With the miss and smoke that is why I was leaning towards an injector. I put my BM back to stock and check out everything I could (Fuses, connectors, carnage, etc.) nothing. It's over the dealer now waiting for a trubo.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
for what its worth to ya my 06 done this with the htt turbo, i thought injectors too with the color of the smoke, then about 3 wks later while driving down the interstate i look back to notice that i have smoked out all 4 lanes. so i pull over and hear some major rattling...turbo was shot...broke shaft and no bearings. got it fixed and put back on and no smoke ever since. id be willing to bet its the turbo. just my opinion

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well hopefully a new trubo is the fix. Just wish this truck would stay together a little better then it is. Had to put an injector into last year. Like after every 3rd pull something happenes. Not even pushen the truck that hard. Some guys have way more power with zero problems. I like the engine brake I use it alot but maybe these trubo's can't take any abuse????

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
ya that is the catch 22 with these turbos i would love to have money to drop on a silver bullet but at the same time losing the exhaust brake kinda sucks although i have been training myself not to use it and sometimes i don't even notice its off. For towing i see the dilema though

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Drain your coolent from the rad and turbo, There is a coolant line under the turbo that has to be removed to get the coolant out of the turbo. then pull the controler from the turbo. I bet you will find you have leaked coolent into the electronics. You probably just need a new controler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts