Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

question about stacks

865 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  BigHemi04
does water collect at the bottom of your exhaust when it rains or snows
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Just Another Slow VP
5,247 Posts
i got a set of aussies and they dont collect much. but if ya got a miter or flat cut stack i can magine they collect some water.

· Registered
182 Posts
I had the same question. and I was told people just put a vary tiny hole in the bottome some where and that fixes it.

Reactions: depcox

· Just Another Slow VP
5,247 Posts
well ya can either drill a small hole for water to drain, or get a few maxwell house cans and put em over em when it rains.

but no. its not goin to be a problem if water gets in em. just spit black droplets out the stacks

Reactions: depcox

· Registered
760 Posts
i just drilled a hole right at the bottom of the 90 pipe for rain but snow i dont bother covering it. its so cool to watch the snow blow out when you start it :thumbsup:

· Registered
453 Posts
Just make sure your windows are closed when you start it after its sat out or your arm will be covered in soot. :) As long as you drive it enough though the water is not going to affect the exhuast though. There is enough soot in the pipes that it kinda protects the inside from rust.

· Registered
2,139 Posts
this issue is one of the main reasons i got rid of my miter cut single stack. Made a mess when it rained if you couldnt get it covered up and the soot goes everywhere litteraly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.