Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Question about Smoke Switch

511 Views 10 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  DodgeMech
I got my two wires ran but kinda at a lost now with my switch. I bought a three pole switch with and led to let me know that it is on but I dont know how to hook up the wires on it. Need help. Here is the configuration of the switch.

Top #3: To Ground
Middle #1: To source (max 10A) or Relay trigger; Power Source
Bottom #2: To the source ( To positive lead)

Any suggestions?????
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
I just got a regular switch from the feed store and ran two 6 ft wires out of the tow ends of the switch and tapped one wire into the pink wire and the other into the yellow wire on the map sensor. And it worked good.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the problem i got is that i already drilled a hole in the dash panel :banghead: so i have to find some way to make it work. My wire colors a different though i believe cause i used and orange wire and grey/red just cause of different years. Also i do have a power puck on mine so i dont know if that would make any difference with the wiring

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does it matter which one goes where??? The thing is the the light is not coming on either when you flip the switch

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok would it be safe to run a 12 volt power to it and splice it into the voltage coming into the switch from the map???

· Premium Member
12,665 Posts
i dunno man, i'd go ahead and go right to the small bolt on the front of the left fender, that's where i grounded the lights and switch for my Hella's:D

i shoulda said in the first post that you'll need to GROUND it probably, go out and test it:)

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did ground it under the dash, then used a test light but like Matthew said there was not enough juice to even get tje test light to fire up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.