Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to put gauges in my 05 dodge. I blew my engine and it cost me around $10,000 so i want be careful this time around. So my question is do the brand of gauges mean anything cause i can find kits from $200 all the way to $700. And i have a 6 speed manual so would i be better off with transmission temp or fuel pressure guage. My truck current is not upgraded but in the near future i am going to start adding performance parts.

Thanx for taking the time to read and answer my questions.

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
My Autometer gauges work great for me. Not sure on the fuel gauges but I'll be looking into them soon to.

·
Registered
290 Posts
First, fill out your sig so we know what you have. I like the speedhut gauges. They have a lifetime warranty. I would run boost and pyro, and rail pressure.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
First off, how did you blow your engine? Lost oil pressure? Over heated?

Autometer is about as cheap as I am willing to go. I will confess though, as I bought a cheap set of SunPro gauges just to break-in and tune my 466 in my '78 F150. Once I start tearing into the interior and re-doing it, I will get the "feel" of the cockpit and will order gauges accordingly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the truck wit 120 thousand miles. It started smoking a little on start up and burning oil but figured it was the turbo and didnt care. I put a bully dog on it an had it on there for maybe 5 thousand miles and the number 6 cylender siezed up

·
Registered
441 Posts
I just ordered this set from Pure Diesel the other day.
Dodge Autometer 3 Gauge Package

Set me back a bit more than expected but I opted for the Factory Match set so they will look SWEET at night. I also talked to the tech over there and he said that the pillar matches the factory color so that was a plus. Set me back around $380 with shipping.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$300 is not to bad.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I run autometer factory match most guys dont run tranny temp on a manual i have seen some tho i like mine i have boost pyro FP and RP. IMO you need both RP and FP some guys say one or the other but if your monitering one why not the other. If you get a fp gauge make sure you use a grease gun hose and get it away from the engine vibration i didnt and killed my sending unit. Their 105$ so ill be fixing mine lol. All together ive paid close to if not just over 700 and did all the installs myself. But its 700 or 10000 you decide. Im sure i could have gotten cheaper ones but i wanted something i felt would last

1 - 10 of 10 Posts