Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

question about fuel pump

675 Views 8 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  miketoyo
I Was Wondering If Anyone Has Any Coments About A Company By The Name Of Thourough Bread Diesel. I Bought A Fuel Pump Package From Them Today. I Liked The Experience And I Am Excited, But Want Honest Awnsers.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
229 Posts
Yea I live about a half hour away from their shop. My Buddy Who I Support are also in Winchester. What are you wanting to know.

Reactions: miketoyo

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Have Never Bought Anything Off Line Before. Just Hoping This Is A Reliable Company That Stands Behind Their Products,and Hope This Does Not Turn Out To Be A Bad Experience. I Have Been With Out My Truck For About 4 Mos, Trying To Save Money And Still Have Truck Pmts.

· On call 24/7
13,750 Posts
I have bought from them several times, I always delt with Wade and he seems like a straight shooter. They have very good pricing/fast delivery and are site sponsors.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You For The Reply,i Miss My Work/play Truck. I Had To Borrow A 2wd Ford Gas Job,thirsty With 16ft Inclosed Trlr,thank Goodness For Father N/laws! It Was Hard To Run A Handy Man Buss With 79 Camaero!!!

· On call 24/7
13,750 Posts
What pump did you buy? My fass pump came from them.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the response

sorry i took so long to answer to response,i was busy with work.had a crazy night my wife found out her cousin was hit with a bomb in iran. to anwser your question i bought a reman vp44 with airdog raptor lift pump. on a tight budget and thought this would be the best combo for the money,hope i made the right decesion!!!!! got to go to work youall have a good day see ya!!

· On call 24/7
13,750 Posts
You did good buying an airdog so that new vp will last. Do you have gauges? If not I would look into a set of those as well. You want to see no less than 10 psi fuel pressure at wide open throttle to the injector pump.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

RECEIVED PARTS THURS NIGHT, STARTED ON TRUCK FRIDAY NIGHT . WORKED ON TRUCK ALL DAY SATURDAY BECAUSE APPARENTLY MY FUEL GUAGE IS WRONG. I GUESS THE LIFT PUMP MUST COMMUNICATE WITH ECM WHEN LOW ON FUEL TO MAKE IT SHUT DOWN. WE GOT THE TRUCK RUNNING ,THEN WENT TO GO TO THE FUEL STATION AND THE TRUCK SHUT DOWN , WHEN WE TRIED TO START BACK WE NOTICED THE LIFT PUMP WAS NOT RUNNING. WE TOWED THE TRUCK BACK TO THE HOUSE AND DISCOVERED THERE WAS NO POWER TO THE NEW LIFT PUMP.:banghead:SO I UNPLUGGED BATTERIES TO RUN ALL ELEC TESTS ON NEW HARNESS AND FOUND NOTHING WRONG . SO WE WENT AND GOT FUEL AND ADDED IT , HAD TO BLEED LINES , HOOKED UP BATTERIES AND THE THING STARTED AND HAS BEEN RUNNING GREAT EVER SINCE:party018:THIS PACKAGE DEAL FROM THOUROUGHBREAD DIESEL WAS WHAT THEY SAID IT WOULD BE, NICE AND EASY TO INSTALL. NOW I HAVE TO SAVE MONEY FOR GUAGES AND WE SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO!!!!!!!!!!:drool2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.