Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i take my fuel pin out to grind it what are some things i need to worry about or is there anything that i really need to be careful about?

·
Registered
661 Posts
um nothing real big just make sure you grind the deepest part of the pin its hardend so if your using a hand held grinder dont be affraid to lay into it

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks that makes me feel better about doing it...is it hard to put the pump back together or anything...i hear its simple but when i look at it i normally just think screw this ill mess sumthing up.

·
Registered
661 Posts
no way man its super easy just the four screws and banjo bolt on the side and just lift the top off slowly just watch for the plastic washer and ull be fine

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright thanks ill c what i can do...and if for some odd reason i have a problem, my girlfriends dad is a diesel mech. and ill have him fix my screw up...lol thanks for your help

·
Registered
661 Posts
no problem man....just get some gauge's!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea im gettin a pyro on friday which is when im doin the pin...dont want to mess anything up this truck has to last me.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Be sure to get some 220 grit sand paper and put a nice pollish on the face of the pin. If it's rough, the small pin that rides on it will hang up and not fuel corectly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts