Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that if I am on level 5, which is HOT level on the 05's, and I really lay into it, my EGTs never climb above 1100-1200 degrees. That is according to my Attitude monitor. Even at speeds of up to 100mph. I'm not an expert but I figure they should be hittin 1500, maybe even 1600. I have a stock turbo and after market 4" turbo back exhaust. Has anyone seen this? Or have any idea whats goin on? Thanks

·
Registered
677 Posts
Umm...I have the HOT edge, and it's level 6. Level 5 says Extreme for me, and it usually never gets any hotter than 12 - 1300. Level 6 HOT, on the other hand, say hello to 1600 by about 90 MPH.

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
Do you have it set to defuel i.e. backdown?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Do you have it set to defuel i.e. backdown?
Who are you asking?

If you're asking me, then, yes. I have it set to back down at 1600. Usually I've already let out before I hit the backdown.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to turn the backdown off, just to see what kinda temps i was lookin at, but was kinda confused on how to do it. I double clicked the enter button and the back down screen came up. It was on one. so i put it to 0. Is that right? or is the higher numbers where i wanna be?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Some of the first Edge's on the 05's didn't have the level 6 for the Hot, they used the level 5 and got rid of level 1 IIRC?

Dustin

·
Registered
921 Posts
Double click enter and it will bypass the backdown. You will need to enter a number and this is the minutes it will stay bypassed (no backdown). Let me know your egt.. I am interested in getting the hot unlock...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Double click enter and it will bypass the backdown. You will need to enter a number and this is the minutes it will stay bypassed (no backdown). Let me know you egt.. I am interested in getting the hot unlock...

So the higher the number the longer it will bypass the backdown? I'll give it a try today and post was it does tonight when i get home. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Yes, the higher you set the number the longer the bypass. The number is in minutes.

·
Registered
322 Posts
You guys are braver than me. I know a guy who melted a stock piston at 1600 degrees in only a few seconds. I'm a chicken and set mine to 1350 usually cause it will go over 1400 before it finally backs down. thats on level 6. I'm just trying to decide the best way to cool it down to go faster instead of raising my egt's and letting her cook. Still way cheaper to just cool it off than to smoke a motor/turbo or both..IMO:thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Double click enter and it will bypass the backdown. You will need to enter a number and this is the minutes it will stay bypassed (no backdown). Let me know your egt.. I am interested in getting the hot unlock...

So I did this today. put it on the bypass on 10, and according to my edge monitor, my EGTs never got about 1275 and thats on level 5 which is my hot level. That just doesnt seem right. It should be hittin way above that. Especially at 90+ mph. Is my monitor just reading wrong? Should i send it to edge and have them test it to make sure everything is ok on it? I dont know what to do.. I dont wanna hit those high temps, but if i am i need to know it so i can watch out for them..

·
Registered
77 Posts
somethins funky becasue mine on hot is only good for about 2 gears before it gets to 1450... I have heards the Edge just runs hot. I got a predator - good power and reasonable EGTs. Right now I run the RKL and the Edge on 0 just for guages. I think I am going to sell my Edge and get som ISSPROs

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have a stick and i think that helps keep the egts down because it defuels between shifts...but...i will hit 1600+ on a 1/4 mile run on hot...im not sure of the top egts # due to back down. on hot my edge is 160hp....i dont know what yours is but if your not seeing more than 1200 some thing is up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
somethins funky becasue mine on hot is only good for about 2 gears before it gets to 1450... I have heards the Edge just runs hot. I got a predator - good power and reasonable EGTs. Right now I run the RKL and the Edge on 0 just for guages. I think I am going to sell my Edge and get som ISSPROs
I have a stick and i think that helps keep the egts down because it defuels between shifts...but...i will hit 1600+ on a 1/4 mile run on hot...im not sure of the top egts # due to back down. on hot my edge is 160hp....i dont know what yours is but if your not seeing more than 1200 some thing is up.
Yea thats what i was affraid of. I guess ill have to send it in to get it checked out. Which sucks because my truck isnt much fun runnin stock.

My edge is supposed to be putting out 180hp on hot i think. So i should be hittin 1400-1500 easy. Guess i will call edge tomorrow and have them send me a box to send it in..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I figured it out.

Called Edge, told them the problem. He said it should be hitting at least in the 1450 range. Told me to check the EGT probe with an ohm meter. Said it should be between 1.5-3 ohms. Im not an expert with ohm meters, but I tested it any which way i could, and never got between 1.5-3 ohms. So im thinkin that my EGT probe is the problem.. Hopefully, because that is a cheap fix.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts