Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My doors are pretty much shot. I went to a junkyard and found pretty nice doors off of a 79 dodge pickup. But i'm not sure if they'll fit my 89. Does anyone know for sure if they will or will not fit?

Thanks

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,047 Posts
They will fit. The door opening is the same and the hinge location is the same. The big difference is the body lines are different. They will not line up on your 89.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
You'll hafta stay with a '81 and newer for the correct body lines.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have a '91 truck with '93 doors w/electric windows & mirrors. They fit fine and work good. The body lines are about a 1/4" low on the doors. Not enough difference to stand out.

The previous owner put them on and brought the mirror control panel over as well.

You could try the same.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I have a '91 truck with '93 doors w/electric windows & mirrors. They fit fine and work good. The body lines are about a 1/4" low on the doors. Not enough difference to stand out.

The previous owner put them on and brought the mirror control panel over as well.

You could try the same.

If your body lines don't line up, The doors aren't adjusted properly. The doors are the same from '81 to '93 with the exception of the mirror mounts. The body lines are exactly the same.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Acutally, I have adjusted the doors. They close good and the gap all around is nearly even. If the lines are the same from 91 to 93, then my front fender is a little off. This truck (Big Al) has had a hard life before my ownership.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
That's cool. I understand. The standards weren't as close as they are today though either. But yeah, the bodies were the same from '81 and up. Just the Rad. support and grills changed. We've swapped many of them bodies around to make a good truck! To bad they all rotted so bad. My favorite truck is any square nose Dodge! '68-'93!!! Love em all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts