Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find any info about cruise control after swapping into a G56 from a 47re. How compatible will the factory cruise control convert? Truck is a 1997 Ram 12 valve. Thanks for any input in advance.

·
Registered
17,382 Posts
My conversion from a NV4500 was seamless. It just worked. Is yours a 4WD or 2WD? You need a vehicle speed input for the cruise to work. If you have a 2WD I suggest you research Dakota Digital.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My conversion from a NV4500 was seamless. It just worked. Is yours a 4WD or 2WD? You need a vehicle speed input for the cruise to work. If you have a 2WD I suggest you research Dakota Digital.
Mine is 2WD. 1997 3500 extended cab. Not sure how the auto cruise transfers over. Do you run a fuel plate on yours? If so what size are you running and timing. I think I saw your truck on youtube. Thumbs up. Thanks for reply!

·
Registered
17,382 Posts
Yes I have a custom plate with 15 degrees of timing. There is nothing to "transfer over". Wire in a Dakota Digital signal interface for the speedometer and drive it. I did have my truck featured by a u-tuber.

Reactions: WCRoller

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have a custom plate with 15 degrees of timing. There is nothing to "transfer over". Wire in a Dakota Digital signal interface for the speedometer and drive it. I did have my truck featured by a u-tuber.
Two other questions for you.
1. Brake pads. What brand and type are you using or have found to work the best for heavy towing?
2. Are you using an exhaust brake with your G56? If so brand and type.
Thanks

·
Registered
17,382 Posts
I'll probably get some heat for it but I use Auto Zone semi-metallic brake pads. I have a Jacobs Rambrake sold by Cummins. I've had it since the truck was almost new, I don't know if they are available anymore.

Reactions: WCRoller
1 - 6 of 6 Posts