Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my turbo today (thanks you know who you are!) its an II Silver bullet 66 and I have 90s now... but im thinking about upping to 200s so she'll spool faster.... will my Arson III be able to feed them? Or should I start thinking about dual CP3s? Anything else I should get to help feed the beast?

Also Im thinking about buying an exhaust manifold and downpipe any recommendations? I have an FBD 5 inch coming and I figure I will amass the parts and have my friend do the work while I help. LOL

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,320 Posts
your gonna need a fully built single or dual cp3's for that size of injector.

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,320 Posts
thats what I was thinking and what I didn't want to hear. LOL

you could probably get along with the arson 3 for a bit but, it might be a lttile hard on the cp3.

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hes got a modded cp3 though... hmm. Sweet truck but the tires look so small dont they?

Well I know I have to be pretty gentle on the throttle until I get my tranny.... so while I do that maybe I'll find a dual cp3 kit and run two arson IIIs.

EDIT: Ok after doing some research it sounds like I shouldn't run 200s with this turbo and that I should run 120s max... so maybe I'll just keep the 90s I have for now huh?

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
arsonIII will NOT support 200 sticks....i would not go bigger than 90s with the arsonIII

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
EDIT: Ok after doing some research it sounds like I shouldn't run 200s with this turbo and that I should run 120s max... so maybe I'll just keep the 90s I have for now huh?
uh oh im gunna be running 150s so im guessing i should get used to seeing 1700+egts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
120s are the largest sticks you should ever go with period unless your going to run huge twins and dual pumps. i ran 200hp sticks with a floor it stage 3 and a silver bullet i would see huge egts and even with a floor it pump it was doing all it could to keep up the rail presure. so unless your going to drop another 10k to support those big sticks in the days following the install then dont go that big. if your heart is set on sticks 150 or up you better get the twin turbos which you will need or your egts will be out of control, and after you buy the turbos you better buy some dual pumps then once that is done you can buy those huge sticks. i told raj long before that a single pump will never keep up sticks that big and his II pump wont, you have to have dual pumps no choice

·
Bubbles
1,231 Posts
120s are the largest sticks you should ever go with period unless your going to run huge twins and dual pumps. i ran 200hp sticks with a floor it stage 3 and a silver bullet i would see huge egts and even with a floor it pump it was doing all it could to keep up the rail presure. so unless your going to drop another 10k to support those big sticks in the days following the install then dont go that big. if your heart is set on sticks 150 or up you better get the twin turbos which you will need or your egts will be out of control, and after you buy the turbos you better buy some dual pumps then once that is done you can buy those huge sticks. i told raj long before that a single pump will never keep up sticks that big and his II pump wont, you have to have dual pumps no choice
Agreed 200s are huge on a CR. You dont need monster injectors to make good power on these motors. 90s can do 700

·
Registered
562 Posts
While pullin with the SB66 and flux 3.3's my pyro was at the 2000* mark

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
yeah, DDP and almost all other diesel shops say you cant run anything bigger than 120 Horse nozzles without going dual pumps... a single just cant keep up with the flow of anything bigger than 120 HP nozzle.... just my 2 Cents worth :)

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Like others are saying, 200hp injectors are to big for a SB-66, if you racing or pulling, and I doubt any single cp3 will keep up.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
yeah, DDP and almost all other diesel shops say you cant run anything bigger than 120 Horse nozzles without going dual pumps... a single just cant keep up with the flow of anything bigger than 120 HP nozzle.... just my 2 Cents worth :)
might want to talk to bluechrome about that!!!! a stage 3 cp3 can handle a injector way bigger than 120hp

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
might want to talk to bluechrome about that!!!! a stage 3 cp3 can handle a injector way bigger than 120hp
yeah, it may be able to handle it for daily driving for, but it will but a huge strain on the pump because it will not be able to sustain high rail pressure, especially when drag racing or truck pulling

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
i ran a floor it stage 3 and dual feed line with 200hp sticks and it was pushing the pump the rail pressure would still drop it would come back but not to high. with duals no drop steady as a rock at wot

·
Registered
777 Posts
Rajs truck is smokey with 200s and gets hot quick. But damn does his truck move. Try goin with 120s or 150s.

·
Registered
328 Posts
the diesel shop that I have all my work done at on my truck said they have a truck making around 900HP just running a set of 90 horse DDP's in it. I don't know what all the truck had done to it but that's what they told me so I assume my 90's that I have give me plenty of room to grow for a while.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.