Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think it will take to make 500 hp besides what's in my signature. I am looking to max out there and have it reliable. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
some work to your cp3,an a turbo,an some sticks will get you there very easy....oh an a better lift pump....then your gonna need some trans work

·
Registered
728 Posts
with the SMARTY/Dr. Performance stack a larger turbo would probably get you to 500 HP-you probably will need an aftermarket lift pump such as a FASS or Air Dog to supply the CP3-stock CP3 is good to +/- 650 HP-the stock transmission won't last long with 500 HP on tap-you will need an upgraded valve body/torque converter at a minimum-have fun

·
Registered
7 Posts
mine is an 05 and all Im running is a smarty on 7, k&n cold air intake, quad boost fooler, cfm+, and complete stage two trans. mine is 580 hp and just under 1200 ft bls. very reliable and still get 20+ mpg's

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
mine is an 05 and all Im running is a smarty on 7, k&n cold air intake, quad boost fooler, cfm+, and complete stage two trans. mine is 580 hp and just under 1200 ft bls. very reliable and still get 20+ mpg's
You have dynoed at 580 with what you listed or just guessing.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts

·
Diesel Junkie
5,900 Posts
that is dynoed horse power.

You might want to look into a LP.... before you kill the CP3.

My stock pump was running close to 0psi before the Smarty....Quad X2 Race @ WOT.

·
Diesel Junkie
5,900 Posts
Did you hit the 5 instead of the 4 :confused013:, 580 seems like a big stretch for what you listed.

580 does seem high with your mods......I have never dynoed , but was guessing mine to be around 500hp.
I hope to get it on the rollers this summer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
J.R., what turbo are you runnin?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Sorry dood, but that just aint gonna happen on stock Turbo and Injectors. Your truck would only net you around 280hp at the rear wheels in stock form and that is being generous.

To get in the mid 500HP range you are looking at:
Smarty TNT-Revo
FASS or equivalent
CP3 Mod
SPS62 Turbo or Equivalent
120hp Injectors

·
Registered
804 Posts
I did 502 with smarty tnt 9, HTB2 turbo.......I highly doubt 580 was reached with the mods OP has listed.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I reached 523 no sticks, stock CP3, Bully Dog, TST, HTT 62/12, Intercooler and 5in exhaust.

now don't know

But last ime with twin Cp3's, 62/12 over s400 flux 2's, made 689

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
What do you guys think it will take to make 500 hp besides what's in my signature. I am looking to max out there and have it reliable. Thanks in advance.
a decent sized turbo and you should be there. a member on here made 526 with his 03 with the following: ats/ppe downloader & tst stacked, 66mm silver bullet, stock cp3 and fuel system on danvilles dyno and this was the SO 5spd 03

·
Registered
756 Posts
I call BS as well.

480...maybe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts