Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
With the age of these trucks it’s not a bad thing to replace things that might still be functional.

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
yep , 05+ have relay for blower not direct feed from switch like 03-04,I would double check TIPM for issues/codes

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Good to know. You're refering to codes that would pull up on a code reader right, like check engine light codes? I don't have any other than the ones from deleting the factory radiator clutch fan. It about froze me out yesterday, seems to be working well. Used it on multiple blower speeds and worked great. Idling with the efan it held the high side pressure to about 230 and it was about 93 degrees out. Cruising down the road it dropped it to about 205ish. That fan really works well. Will give it some time and see...

·
Trying to learn
6,232 Posts
If you would fill in a Signature for your posts with truck info it would help.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Done (y)

·
Trying to learn
6,232 Posts
(y) TY

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'm just gonna go and say it, this thing is fixed. No issues for days and works perfect on every different setting and is about freezing me out of the truck. Very happy with this AC now!!!

Reactions: MDSWA

·
Trying to learn
6,232 Posts
(y) (y) 💯

·
Registered
129 Posts
Great news!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I just drove the truck over 1000 miles this weekend and didn't have any issues. The AC works great and will freeze you out of the cab now. Very happy!

One thing I noticed (maybe) is I think since I have an efan on the condenser now that basically runs constantly (AC is always on), I think my mpg dropped a bit. When I bought the truck and drove it home I did about 70-75mph and I think it got about 19-20mpg. It has higher gearing with the TRX4 so mpg drops drastically as you go over about 65mph. I cruised backroads at ~60mph and it was getting low to mid 20s before getting on the interstate. This trip (same drive), it got more like 18, maybe 18.5. Either way, I don't care, that's still decent for a massive 4x4 truck, and I'd rather lose 1 mpg and have a working, reliable, cold AC. Just something I noticed.

I need to attach the transmission and transfer case next, then basically all maintenance will be done/caught up. I want to do simple/common upgrades to the trans while I'm changing the fluid, so need to do some research...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Just keeping updated. The AC is perfroming flawlessy. I've driven it to work every day the past week and did a bunch of running around on the weekend. I couldn't be happier!!!

·
Trying to learn
6,232 Posts
Good to hear. (y)

41 - 52 of 52 Posts