Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at getting an X2 with the control pod, not the commander, and I belive in the pics it says on the pod that it can read EGTs, I assume you have to buy a probe too. Im I seeing right? The control pod with the addition of an EGT probe will display EGTs, Boost, Rail Pressure, and Coolant Temp?

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
Yes...the pod will only display one at a time...you have to switch between each to read them. You will need the pyro kit as well as the fuel psi kit if you want to read LP pressure.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. Does the Pyro kit consist of anything more than a probe and wires? I have an extra probe already.

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
Cool. Does the Pyro kit consist of anything more than a probe and wires? I have an extra probe already.

It is a complete kit....thermocouple,wiring harness....etc.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can seem to find where that is available. You wouldnt happen to have a link would you?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, thats the one.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Control Pod doesn't do EGT. I first couple of pictures of those I saw made me think it did but apparently they were the Recon - my X2 Control Pod does boost, water temp and rail pressure.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The picture LOOKS like EGT but that is ECT - Engine Cooling Temperature.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OH...... Ok. Crap. OK then. Thanks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Am real happy with mine though. Going with analog gauges in the very near future and will use the Control Pod to control the X2 and read rail pressure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts