Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting the Quadzilla Max Mileage. I was just wondering what kind of MPG gains you guys have seen with them, and if you think it is worth getting. Right now all I'm trying to do is get the best mileage I can. Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Someone has to have know something about this right.:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I just had the Edge Mileage Max put on but I haven't done enough driving to get good (hand calc'd) data. However, the overhead keeps climbing with no sign of stopping when on the highway. And it is higher than it was stock in town. I haven't heard anything about the Quadzilla though. I'm in the same boat as you for mileage and our trucks are similar. I'd be willing to bet the Quad and Edge are about the same.

·
All around nice guy
52 Posts
I didn't get the Max Mileage, but I got the DXZT2. Picked up 1-1.5mpg. I believe you can upgrade either box to get the features of the other one at a later date.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Im running the X2 with the City Milage tune on it and have seen about 2 - 2.5 mpg increase on the overhead thing. Havent hand calculated though. I reset it while cruising on the freeway at 65 and it showed a steady 24.5 on the overhead, used to show 20.4-20.6. Im pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Just remember that a 12% increase in mileage (I believe that's the claim) would only amount to a little over 1.5 mpg increase if you currently get 14 mpg w/out QMM. But every little bit helps-especially at $4.45 a gallon.:$:

I've been thinking about the QMM or the Smarty Jr.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just remember that a 12% increase in mileage (I believe that's the claim) would only amount to a little over 1.5 mpg increase if you currently get 14 mpg w/out QMM. But every little bit helps-especially at $4.45 a gallon.:$:

I've been thinking about the QMM or the Smarty Jr.
That is true but I get about 18 mixed city/hwy and about 20 all hwy, so that would be about 2 to 2 1/2 mpg increase.:thumbsup

·
Registered
6 Posts
does anyone know if the mm comes with a boost fooler. gonna be runnin mine with upgraded injectors so I'll want something with a boost fooler built in:popcorn:

·
Registered
736 Posts
yea i was wondering what kind of power it puts out, or if it keeps the same power but makes the engine more effiecient? i dont konw but for 200 it looks good

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got the Quad XZT with the USB upgrader. It does have boost fooling on it, depending on what tuning you download. I just downloaded the max mileage, haven't really had a chance to put many miles on it, but will report when I get some answers as to how much it helped.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got the Max Mileage in today and installed it. The install was really simple and it came with the USB cord so you can download new updates and even upgrade the module to the ZXT I believe it is. I will be taking a road trip this weekend so I will keep you all posted with how it does. :hyper: Three tanks ago I put in Marvel Mystery Diesel additive and since then I have been getting 19 to 19.5 mpg's hand calculated that is city/hwy. So I am hoping to get 21 or so. I will let you know how it goes after the weekend.:woot:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm also looking at these modules for my 04.5, it's hard to make a decision with all of the choices out there. Im curious as to which module has the best MPG, a nice power gain without hurtiing a stock trans, and doesn't throw any codes. Does anyone one of any testing between the modules out there? I'm also having a tuff time deciding between the plugin mudule vs the programmers, they each seem to have the ups and downs. I like the idea of the X2 with the USB port for updates along with the 32 bit processor and it seems to have some nice fetures.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Yea for claims of 8-12% gains for only 200 bucks, it sounds pretty nice... i know this is in the third gen section but i dont want to start another thread... do you think results will be similar for a 24v?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys I jus tgot back from my trip and my computer says 17.7. I did alot of driving in town and Highway at 70 mph and then I hammered down on it for about 80 miles doing about 85to 90 cause I was running late but it was reading 20.6 before I got on it. I check every tank hand calculated and my computer is always within a mile or so give or take. I have not filled up yet but will in the morning and I will let you you know what hand calculated is. But I think it has helped out. I noticed a little extra power. The setup was really easy it pulgs into the Map sensor and the fuel rail sensor and that is it. It has not thrown any codes and I am happy with so far, I will keep you updated on it if you all are interested.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So after I filled up and did the hand calculated I got 18 mpg even not bad for driving it as hard as I did.:thumbsup

·
Registered
736 Posts
so was that about a .3 mpg improvement? I'm coming really close to getting it myself

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think it is worth every penny cause I have been running it hard with the A/C cranking cause it has been about 106 here in AZ the last couple of days. which is about a 20 degree jump from where it was last week. I will try to do a better comparison as time goes.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have a XZT+ and this is my first tank on the economy setting.. about 1/2 way through and I'm shooting for a +40 mile gain on the fill up over what I usually get..

I use my truck right now as a daily driver, all city.

·
Registered
382 Posts
FYI I get about 360 miles to a tank all city driving, that lasts me 13 days.

·
Registered
316 Posts
the XZT+ should be just a tow module and only 65 hp not changable unless you download the MMM program. the standard box is switchable though

anyway there is a MMM tune on quads site that does boost fooling. It doesnt make sense to have boost fooling when youre try to get mileage. if you need the boost fooling than you are out of the parameters of good fuel mileage.

I have had the quad MMM for 3 months now and the truck runs smoother, shifts smoother and I gained a little Low end. I also gained at least .5 mpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts